Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Sep 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Disney After Hours Event returns to MK in 2018

Some of you may remember the After Hours event run by Disney earlier this year. Well, Walt Disney World Resort have today announced that the Disney After Hours event will return in 2018, enabling participants to maximise their time in the park with quicker access to over 25 attractions and character greetings. Ice cream novelties, popcorn, and bottled beverages will continue to be available free of charge.

Disney After Hours will take place once the park closes on select nights. Event Guests may enter the park and remain in the park for three hours past the scheduled closing time on the following dates:

January 19, 26 and 30
February 8 and 15
March 1 and 8

Advance pricing is $119 plus tax for adults and children (ages 3-9). See the following webpage on the Disney website for more info:

disneyworld.disney.go/ev...y-after-hours/

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 08:11 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I'd fancy that if it's still running come next summer. We have not planned any disney time for our next trip, but a night at MK would be good as your entry is included maybe paired with a wee night staying on site.
Old 14 Sep 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope they will do this in April !
Old 14 Sep 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

if you are there when it is on, I recommend you do it. We had a great night when we did it back in Feb. There is nothing like walking around MK without seeing people

I know it says you can enter the park at 7pm, but we were able to get in at 4pm, as did lots of people on each of the dates this year.

Edited at 07:59 PM.
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I'd fancy that if it's still running come next summer.
Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
Hope they will do this in April
Unfortunately, if it's anything like this year, the event ended in March and didn't continue through the summer.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
if you are there when it is on, I recommend you do it. We had a great night when we did it back in Feb. There is nothing like walking around MK without seeing people

I know it says you can enter the park at 7pm, but we were able to get in at 4pm, as did lots of people on each of the dates this year.
Actually, on the Disney webpage, it says you can enter from 8pm on the first 4 dates and 9pm on the last 3 dates. It doesn't actually say you can get in earlier but there's a good chance the CMs will be lenient.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 14 Sep 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I'd fancy that if it's still running come next summer. We have not planned any disney time for our next trip, but a night at MK would be good as your entry is included maybe paired with a wee night staying on site.
Agree,would be great if they did this next summer! Would prefer this to the MNSSHP😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Unfortunately, if it's anything like this year, the event ended in March and didn't continue through the summer.
Thats a shame. Will keep an eye on it to see what happens.

We did an after hours thing in 2001, just for onsite guests, sure it was about $20 each and was brilliant.
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I did this earlier this year and it was fantastic, pretty much walked on to almost every ride I wanted to go on in MK. Meant that for the rest of my trip I didn't feel a need to spend a lot of time in MK because I'd already gone on most rides I wanted to in MK during the 3 hours of this!
Old 15 Sep 17, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Actually, on the Disney webpage, it says you can enter from 8pm on the first 4 dates and 9pm on the last 3 dates. It doesn't actually say you can get in earlier but there's a good chance the CMs will be lenient.
We had a special gate to go through, Disney CM's had been there since 3pm handing out the lanyards. It is worth keeping an eye on another Disney forum where lots of Americans go, you will know from them what time that they start setting up to allow the DAH guests in. In fact we also booked FP's in advance from 5pm onwards with the ticket
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List