Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 15, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post

car hire? convertable or not

we are travelling to orlando in 6 weeks, still havent booked car hire, should i just go for a standard car? or drive around in luxury for 2 weeks? theres £150 between the prices of the cars? i really cant decide ..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

If more than 2 don't pick a soft top, in reality you are not going to drive with top down due to smell weather etc.
If ££ allow pick a nice sporty number if not you are really down to size of car the more you spend the bigger will be.
As always choice is yours.
Old 2 Apr 15, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If its the mustang convertable then you wont get much sportier than than its over 300BHP ! 0-60 in under 6 seconds. Its got a large ish boot that will fit one large suitcase and one medium suitcase, we got these in our mustang last year. Plus plenty of room on back seats for more suitcases.

We drove with the roof down most of the time, but its easy to raise and lower at the press of a button.
Old 2 Apr 15, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
alanshelly
slightly serious Dibber

alanshelly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
i wouldn't personally go for a convertible
plenty of others to choose from
in the past we've have a camaro and a challenger
last time we had a charger and have one at the moment too
they also had some nice looking corvettes too and a 370z
but i doubt the kids would have liked being left at the airport
alanshelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

We absolutely loved the experience of the Mustang we we travelled as a couple. Not practical for larger groups, though.
Old 2 Apr 15, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
If more than 2 don't pick a soft top, in reality you are not going to drive with top down due to smell weather etc.
If ££ allow pick a nice sporty number if not you are really down to size of car the more you spend the bigger will be.
As always choice is yours.
We drove with the top down at all times except when it rained (which was only twice for ten minutes each time).
Old 2 Apr 15, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post

If there's just the 2 of you, then go for it why not if there's more however you'd be much more comfortable in something bigger.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Karen and of course hoods can only be raised at very low speeds.
Drop tops are great for certain trips climates thinking Route 66 Euro road trip but Florida May to October perhaps not.
I stand by post of have a nice sporty number with air con for same ££, drop tops like motorbikes great when weather/little traffic fantastic drive a drop round M25 you will in best possible terms stink same on I4.
Nothing wrong with them just better available to have more fun with if are a petrolhead.
As posted is each and everyones own choice.
Old 2 Apr 15, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Karen and of course hoods can only be raised at very low speeds.
Drop tops are great for certain trips climates thinking Route 66 Euro road trip but Florida May to October perhaps not.
I stand by post of have a nice sporty number with air con for same ££, drop tops like motorbikes great when weather/little traffic fantastic drive a drop round M25 you will in best possible terms stink same on I4.
Nothing wrong with them just better available to have more fun with if are a petrolhead.
As posted is each and everyones own choice.
Oh, for sure, and I'm definitely not arguing with you.

I think I'd always been really out off hiring one as I had understood the opportunities to have the hood down were minimal, but we found it to be far from that. We just loved having the hood down! Wish I could work out why The sporty number with the hood up excites me not at all though.

I guess, as a non petrol head, the driving with the hood down was just pure fun

(This was Feb/March - wouldn't even consider it in say June/July/August)
Old 2 Apr 15, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Karen or others sadly now a Mustang will be designed for most markets so will be eco boost 2.5 does more miles to gallon no longer V6 or better still V8.
Think old school Camero still available but wont last long muscle cars US style will be history sadly passing into history unless you wish to ship and buy one.
Closed Thread