Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 15, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Looks like you are going May which is love bug season they are harmless but not nice if you drive through a swarm with the hood down just a though

Helen
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
i personally wouldn't go for a convertible just because there's no escape from the sun in it if you have the roof down and they do work out very expensive for what they are out of the two I'd just go for a regular car. We always get some kind of SUV but they are big for 2 people
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Karen and of course hoods can only be raised at very low speeds.
Drop tops are great for certain trips climates thinking Route 66 Euro road trip but Florida May to October perhaps not.
I stand by post of have a nice sporty number with air con for same ££, drop tops like motorbikes great when weather/little traffic fantastic drive a drop round M25 you will in best possible terms stink same on I4.
Nothing wrong with them just better available to have more fun with if are a petrolhead.
As posted is each and everyones own choice.
Had one before in september and have one booked for this september had the roof down all the time apart from one time in Tampa, as for the I4 and stinking of fumes cant say we did although I have never actually been stood still in traffic on I4 busy but moving even up in orlando area.
Old 2 Apr 15, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

If there is only two of you, I would get a mustang or Camaro convertible. We have had one the last twice we have been and it has really enhanced the holiday experience.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Karen or others sadly now a Mustang will be designed for most markets so will be eco boost 2.5 does more miles to gallon no longer V6 or better still V8.
Think old school Camero still available but wont last long muscle cars US style will be history sadly passing into history unless you wish to ship and buy one.

It's the way it's going now isn't it?
Old 3 Apr 15, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I guess, as a non petrol head, the driving with the hood down was just pure fun
This is why we get one its a buzz to drive in the sun roof down music playing and you can see so much more around you.
Old 3 Apr 15, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread