NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
A MAGICal Adventure WBTA / Day 15 Time To Say Goodbye - 20/09/2014

It was home time today

Disembarkation day is even more horrid, as it's such an early start! Our alarm went off at 6am, when we got showered and ready for a long day ahead, and packed our final bits. We had opted for Express Walk Off so still had our cases with us.

Our Head Waiter had kindly agreed to let us come for early seating for breakfast so we could get to the airport in plenty of time for our flight. To be honest, I think I would do this every year as we're up early anyway and it made for a swift disembarkation process. In fact, I might even head to Cabanas next year, since we're travelling alone, rather than with friends.

We didn't want anything too heavy after eating so much over the past two weeks, so Matt just had toast and I had pancakes.

The authorities were slow to clear the ship, but at 7.45am, the Express Walk Off passengers were allowed to leave the ship. Clearing immigration though was painfully slow, taking us about an hour just to have maybe 12 parties in front of us cleared through.

The initial problem was that they had lots of lines for US citizens, and just one for international passengers, which is craziness given the amount of Europeans on board (given that was the origen of the voyage!). The Officers were just very slow and their systems were running slow, apparently. Thankfully we got through ok but Victoria, Scott and Parisa were stuck on the ship as they didn't 'express' it. They still made it in time for the flight but only by about 30 minutes of our scheduled departure. Apparently, the Captain came down to reason with the authorities and they opened up more lines. The Captain also ordered that food and beverage be brought down for the passengers. I suppose the whole thing caused chaos for the ship's turnaround as after the passengers, the crew have to clear immigration before the new passengers can get on board! Rant over!

We arrived at the airport just after 9am (taxi cost $24 and took 10 minutes) and we checked in for our flight. It was scheduled to leave at 11am-ish but we were delayed by 2 hours so ended up departing at 1.05pm.

I was a bit peckish before the flight so I grabbed some fries from Carl's Jr for $3.91. We also bought some Pringles and water for the flight (about $10).

We landed in JFK at 4.20pm. I slept for most of the flight. We transferred from T3 to T1 and were able to check in for our flight back to Gatwick with Norwegian. This was all very easy.

Before going through Security, we grabbed something to eat at Sbarro (my prior research revealed that food offerings through security were poor!). We had two slices of cheese, one Stromboli (to share) and a large Sprite which came to $19.01. It was very tasty and filled us up til we landed in the UK.

IMG_6060 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

Once through Security (which was slow), thanks to the delay at San Juan (Puerto Rico), we only had two hours to kill, so we had a little wander in the shops, and then played around on iPads, etc. I grabbed a Sprite for $3.20 as I was thirsty. Matt had wanted to get some Mint M&Ms but they were $8 a bag so he passed.

The flight was delayed by about 45 minutes, I think, but I have to say, I was really impressed by the Norwegian flight. It is no frills – the stewards aren't really chatty or smiley, but who cares...the plane was clean (and still felt new), there was plenty of space, the facilities were good, and it was cheap. We will absolutely fly with Norwegian again in the future. Again, I slept the majority of the flight home. Matt busied himself with the IFE.

We landed about 30 minutes late, but without incident, so we collected our cases, and got a taxi back to the Copthorne where we had left our car, via M&S to get some provisions for the journey home.

Matt drove the first 90 minutes or so but then woke me up to ask me to drive the rest of the way (about 45 minutes) as he was struggling to keep his eyes open, so we swapped. It was fair enough and for him to ask for this, he must have been tired, but it was understandable after an early morning yesterday after a couple of disturbed nights of sleep prior to that.

We picked up our bunny on the way through, and once we had unloaded the car, unpacked, which didn't take too long, as I had packed well on the ship.

So that was it, our adventure was over. We had an absolute ball on the cruise, and can't wait to do it all over again next year, followed by 6 nights in Orlando! We just can't wait!

Thanks for reading this report. I hope it has provided some useful information for new cruisers, and brought back some memories for old. And for anyone contemplating a Disney Cruise, please just do it! It's worth every penny!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Thankyou, I have really enjoyed reading your report, it brought back some lovely memories of the Magic

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Oh it was a nightmare at San Juan cruise port and we were standing for one half hours and in law got tired and heard heavy raining while we were in the queue and in law told us want straight to airport and my regard that we missed out tours at San Juan...

I have told my friend who is going to San Juan for deaf cruise on 22 Oct and I told her about cruise port. So she will prepare for that.

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing...I have enjoyed reading them all.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 14, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

Thank you for sharing
I've loved reading them all.
Not sure I can get Dh on a Disney cruise
But I'll keep trying ...
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 14, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 14, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing your lovely holiday!
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 14, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tclaireh
Apprentice Imagineer

tclaireh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hi Nat

Really enjoyed your report, you write fab trippies!

I have been on cruises (& Disney holidays obvs!) but never considered a Disney cruise. Will definitely look into it for an option another time after reading yours... & seeing all that lovely food, looked amazing

Claire x
tclaireh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 14, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissie
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Really enjoyed your report. We are thinking of doing a short cruise as part of our next trip to orlando but didn't really know much about them. It sounds great and sounds like it would be a good idea for chilling out for a few days. Thank you for sharing x
Old 16 Oct 14, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Thanks for taking the time to write this, it's really helped get me in the spirit for next month Your photos have been great, looking forward to next years
We had a lot of the same acts as you on the E.B. Tessa Sunniva probably being our favorite, a lot of her show was recorded for her youtube channel youtube/watch?v=wQGojUMymqc
Miguel was great wasn't he, if you don't already know he has a FB page where you can follow his adventures, just search Miguel Angel Juan if your interested, Kyle & Mistie also have a page - Kyle Knight & Mistie - Knight Magic
Thanks again, really enjoyed reading about your cruise
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List