Notices

Old 10 Apr 18, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This Revisited Easter 2018 Style - Day 9

Woke up about 7.45am and DH and DD woke around 9, DH went down to the marketplace with our refillable mugs and got Dd a cherry coke and him and I a coffee. When he returned I dug out our purchases from last night and we had breakfast 😂
I had a chocolate peanut butter cupcake, the cake was chocolate cake which was really light and tasty and the topping was a thick chocolate and peanut butter butter cream, this was really sickly after a while and there was abit too much. The cake was topped with Reece's pieces. It did go down nicely with a cup of coffee.

DH and DD had a worms and dirt chocolate cake, these cupcakes are huge so Dd didn't finish hers, but they did the job of putting us on until our lunch reservation.

had a quick look on my Disney experience and managed to grab a fastpass for test track from 10.25-11.25 so we headed into Epcot and ride test track, I was pretty proud of my car I designed getting a total of 215, however Dd and DH managed to design the most powerful car of the day so far. While in the fastpass queue for TT I secured a fastpass for mission space for as soon as we were off test track so we walked over there for our mission around the Earth. After coming off it was time to head over to France for our lunch reservation at chefs de France.

We've eaten here a couple of times in the past and it's been fine. We checked in at 12.15pm and were seated a couple of minutes later at a table we were sat at last time we were here 5 years ago. Our server came over and introduced himself and took our drinks order, Dd had a coke, DH had a French martini which was Vodka, Chambord Liquor, Pineapple Juice and topped with lemon lime foam this was really nice and so easy to drink.

I ordered a bicyclette this was Noilly Prat Vermouth, Lejay Cassis, Sparkling Wine and tasted like fizzy red wine/sangria. It was quite strong.

Our server brought us some authentic French bread and salted butter while we waited for our starters.

For our starters I ordered the French onion soup, this was much nicer than be our guest, the cheese wasn't as chewy and there was lots of onion.

DH had the lobster bisque and really enjoyed it, there was some big chunks of lobster in it and both soups were served hot but not too hot you couldn't eat them straight away.

For mains be both ordered the filet de Bouef grille, this was grilled tenderloin of beer with green peppercorn sauce, potato au gratin and green beans. It was absolutely delicious, the meat was cooked medium rare and again was perfect. The sauce was lovely but the beef didn't need anything with it it was so good. The potato gratin was so good, it was creamy and had a cheesy/garlicky taste, really good! I ate every single bite as did DH.

Dd had the kids chicken and chose green beans as the side, I tried this and the chicken was cooked beautifully and the sauce was like a jus it was really nice.

For desert I ordered the creme brûlée, it was perfect, the crust had a nice crack to it but wasn't bitter or burnt at all and the creme brûlée was so creamy but not overly sweet, I enjoyed every mouthful and just about managed to finish it all despite being so full!

DH had the meringue which was served with red berries and a custard inside and a dollop or sorbet. He really enjoyed this and said it was good. Dd helped him out with some fruit and sorbet at really enjoyed what she tried.

Dd had vanilla ice cream for dessert, this was 2 generous sized scoops and she said it was as good as the ice cream she had last night.

Our server Nicolas had been fantastic and we must remember to cast compliment him on Twitter as he really has been a stand out cast member. He was attentive without being over the top and really friendly. Our bill came to $163.12 and we used 3 of our dining credits. I was pleasantly surprised how good our experience here was, the food was brilliant, the onion soup was the fine but compared to the rest of the food it was no where near as good, the rest was just fantastic.

We left chefs de France and watched the serveur ammusant outside for a short while before heading back to the beach club. We got changed and headed for an afternoon by the pool. Before making our way down there I managed to grab a fastpass for frozen at 8.00pm tonight as we planned to make our way into Epcot after our dinner.

The beach club have loads of activities on throughout the afternoon at the pool, there was bingo, some pool games and hula hooping with prizes for the kids who took part, the cast member running it all, Alexis was great with the kids, not many were interested in taking part with the pool being so awesome.

We left the pool around 4 and went and got showered and dressed and decided to head to Martha's Vineyard for the trivia quiz at 5pm and a few drinks. First up I ordered a pina colada m, these are frozen cocktail and so easy to drink.

DH had a rum swizzle which he enjoyed so much he got a second one. This is rum with pineapple and orange juice topped with grenadine, I can see why he liked it 😂
Dd had an orange juice.

I then ordered an angry orchard hard cider. Mostly because the cocktails were going down to quickly and I knew this would be slower to drink.

The total came to $46 for our drinks. We took part in the trivia quiz which was lots of fun, there were three prizes, a voucher for half hour on a pontoon boat for upto 10 people, a voucher for half an hour on a sea raycer for 2 people, or a free ceramic at the activity in the solarium near the lobby. We won the voucher for half an hour on the sea raycer which we hope to use before we go home.

We left the trivia quiz at 6.30 and took the short walk to cape May cafe next door for our dinner reservation, we checked in and our pager went off about a minute later. We were seated around the back with a view of the buffet and our server took our drinks order, I had a magical star cocktail complete with glow cube, these are really nice and hardly taste of alcohol at all. This is coconut rum, mango and passion fruit liqueur and pineapple juice.

DH had a captains mai tai, this is captain morgans spiced rum, amaretto, pineapple juice and lime juice. Dd had a coke.

We love cape may cafe dinner buffet especially for the crab legs! My first plate had clams, mussels, blue cheese, crab legs, breaded clam strips, Caesar salad, mashed potato and baked salmon. The crab legs were really good as was the blue cheese, it was so creamy and salty, I wish I knew where to get it.

DH and Dd had some clam chowder, DH absolutely loves this.

Next up I got some more crab legs, paella, blue cheese and a bbq rib. The paella was ok, it had mussels and chorizo in it.

The dessert selection here was the main reason it was one of my must do's unfortunately the desserts didn't live up to their usual standard. This was DH's selection of a flourless chocolate cake, a strawberry Swiss roll and 2 different mini cupcakes.

I had a lemon curd, a no bake cheesecake, a flourless chocolate cake and a brownie drizzled in caramel sauce.

DH went for a further plate with a lemon curd, cheesecake, chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce and an oatmeal cookie. The desserts were generally nice but not as good as they had been on our visits last year.

Our bill came to $146.97 and we used 3 dining credits, it's a very expensive buffet and to be honest not one we will rush back to in a hurry now. My photos from cape may cafe all seem quite blurry for some reason.

After dinner we made our way into Epcot, Dd wanted to go and play in the play area after mission space so on the way DH and I grabbed a passion fruit frozen drink each from the Joffrey's stand, these should have been $5.69 but we used 2 snack credits. We sat and enjoyed these as Dd had a play, they're lovely and tart and really refreshing.

After Dd spent some time in the very quiet mission space play area we walked round to our fastpass for frozen, as we were exiting the ride illuminations were just starting so we took a slow walk back round to the international gateway and watched them as we walked.

We decided to head on over to the boardwalk for a look round, on our way past the boardwalk bakery we called in to check out the options for breakfast in the morning, I picked up a chocolate peanut butter bar, DH got a chocolate chip muffin and Dd asked for a speciality cupcake. We paid usual snack credits, They didn't deduct a snack credit for DD's cupcake as a bit of the chocolate was broken so let her have it for nothing which was really nice of them and leaves Dd with 2 snack credits for tomorrow much to her delight. We watched a couple of the street entertainers then decided to call it a night. I'll be very sad to leave the beach club in the morning! As much as bay lake tower is our home resort and absolute favourite the beach club is a close second, we live the theming, the amenities and the proximity to Epcot and I can't wait to come and stay again if we can get in at 7 months.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

What a lovely day, lucky with your fastpasses. We have a meal booked at chefs de France. Really looking forward to it now x
chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely day, and your food looks really nice

Joan
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another great food day! Looked lovely.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Your food looks amazing for today!

Some really tasty sounding and looking cocktails.

Edited at 03:55 PM.
Jake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Oohh great review.

I have booked an ADR for Chefs de France and can't wait now after this.

Loving your report so far.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Ooh more lovely food! Sounds like a nice relaxing day. We're thinking of booking a couple of nights at an Epcot resort hotel for next year.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 11 Apr 18 3:44 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List