Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Which cruise for first timers?

Hi I have always fancied a cruise, last y ear done our first flight , our Disney world holiday, I'm only looking at 7 night cruise I see from Southampton, been looking at PO love t h e look of Norwegien fjords could do either May half term or early August which would be best?
Or should we try a cruise visiting Spain France and Guernsey,
It's just hubby and I will both be 60 , he's a very fussy eater I am worried he would l d get bored on a ship I would happily sit and read and watch the sea.

So out of the 2 destinations which would you recommend for first timers?

Thank you
Old 19 Jan 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I'd suggest minimal sea days if you think your hubby would get bored.

To be honest I'd pick an itinerary you really fancy.

I have only done one cruise before, with Thomson, just the one sea day, 7 nights, but we picked it because it went to locations we were really interested in, basically around the Red Sea, Egypt and Jordan.

Turned out we loved cruising, and being in a different location each morning.

This year I have 2 booked, wasn't supposed to but I got carried away.

My main one I booked with NCL, because it was the best price for the itinerary I wanted which was Scandinavia and the Baltics. I decided to fly to Copenhagen to get less sea days, and to save ££ as the flights to Copenhagen were only £100 return.

I then got carried away as the ship I did my first cruise on had an offer on an itinerary that really appealed to me, Venice and Croatia/Slovenia, so booked a cheapy week in May.

So I think decide where you want to go. A cruise is a great way to see Norway as its so expensive, you can pop back on the ship for lunch.
Old 19 Jan 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are loyal Celebrity Cruisers because we prefer the American atmosphere on board. We've sailed the Fjords with them end of May and also several European sailings from Southampton - same time of year - We love them all.
Ages 65 and 62 and been cruising 10years ish (didn't think it would be our thing) we still love Florida☺
Fjords in May/June have full gushing waterfalls and daylight till 11pm - had only 1 rainy day.
You step off the ship and you're on the doorstep of everything whereas some European ports are a ride away. Le Havre and Guernsey's St Peter Port are pretty towns though☺
Food - there is a restaurant to suit anyone with a choice of seating and menu. We don't want English food when on holiday - can get that at home😂😂😂
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List