Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jul 17, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

3pm parade and move it shake it MK?

Hi. Less than 2 weeks to go now. Can those who have seen both of these tell me about the 3pm parade and the move it shake it?

Is the move it shake it on foot, rather than on floats, and is there a lot of variation in the characters between the two things. Originally thinking of the 3pm parade, but when I saw someone mention the times of the move it shake it, I thought I should work out which would be best for us.

Last time we went 8 yrs ago we watched a show on stage in front of the castle, and I think the parade too? will be 3 adults and a 10 yr old.

Thanks. D
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Move it, shake it is kind of a dance party thing with characters. It does have floats and sets up shop in the hub in front of the castle for the performance. Personally I'd do both but the parade imo is much much better.

There is still a castle stage show which performs several times daily too.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We managed to see both in one afternoon at Easter 2016 so I don't know of times have changed.
We watched Move It Shake it in front of the castle which we really enjoyed. Then walked to Main Street and managed to get quite a good spot with good views of the afternoon parade. The afternoon parade is Disney magic and really a 'must do'.
It was very busy as it was Easter but we still saw both really well.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Kathleen74
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did both in July. Check times as move it shake it is usually on 2 or 3 times. We saw the castle show early morning, move it about 12.30pm then the parade later. Move it,shake it has floats/music and characters and goes up main st to tbe castle. The float that stopped near us had jessie and woody on it who came down and danced with the kids-great fun. The 3pm parade is Disney magic, enjoy- we usually watch in frontierland as its usually quieter and some shady spots if you are quick.
Kathleen74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You can do both in one day, as well as the castle show. They are all different times (or they would crash into each other ) and the castle show (Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire) runs about five times each day. Not that anyone in our family has used that as an excuse to sing Let It Go five times in one day. No clue what you're talking about.

Move it Shake it has fab character interaction when it gets to the hub. You can dance with quite a few of the characters and the whole thing is very energetic and happy.

Festival of Fantasy (the 3 o'clock parade) is beautiful and you don't have to jump up and dance. Just get a good spot and enjoy! Try to avoid somewhere in direct sun on a hot day because you're going to be there a while if you get there early enough to stake out a good spot.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List