Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Jul 17, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Worth using up a morning/evening & paying parking for FOP only?

I'd pretty much given up on FOP, and was messing about with the MDE app, and for some reason decided to check for fastpasses (about 40 days out) and suddenly FOP was available on several days.

So I tapped like mad and booked all days and ended up with 5 days of FOP - one at 11:20 and the others are all around 8pm.

However, all our other planning has meant that none really fit in with a day at AK, so I was wondering what people think about going one evening, (were staying at Universal end so it's a fair drive), paying parking, just for FOP

My wife and youngest wouldn't go on it either, so It would mean leaving them for the evening (not popular) or dragging them to AK again whilst we ride.

Suggestions?
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

If you can go on a day you're already at Disney you can park hop without paying again for parking

It might also be worth saying for rivers of light if you go for the 8pm one, or do a sunset safari?
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the suggestions ...advanced fast pass for safari are all gone! We were going to do ROL an other evening - I guess we could skip that and do Yak and Yeti Dinner, FOP and ROL for the evening ...doesn't sound so bad!
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
I'd pretty much given up on FOP, and was messing about with the MDE app, and for some reason decided to check for fastpasses (about 40 days out) and suddenly FOP was available on several days.

So I tapped like mad and booked all days and ended up with 5 days of FOP - one at 11:20 and the others are all around 8pm.

However, all our other planning has meant that none really fit in with a day at AK, so I was wondering what people think about going one evening, (were staying at Universal end so it's a fair drive), paying parking, just for FOP

My wife and youngest wouldn't go on it either, so It would mean leaving them for the evening (not popular) or dragging them to AK again whilst we ride.

Suggestions?
For me, FOP is the best attraction at Disney now. We did it 4 weeks ago and it blew us away. Whether that is worth completely changing plans for you I don't know, but we loved it.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

If this is your only chance to ride FOP I would 100% change plans and pay parking to do it. It is a truly awesome experience. You may be able to pick up FPs for the safari as it wasn't that busy when we were there last week.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
It really is very good, i would deff go.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you've been able to book at 40 days out you must be staying onsite at Disney so won't have to pay for parking? If you're not onsite, you can't have fastpasses booked unless they are for the next 30 days?
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

We've got a one day on-site at beginning of our hols which opened up 60 days