Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 3 Dec 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Do you brine your turkey?

Do you brine your turkey?
Would you please share your recipe? . No oranges /satsumas etc as DD is allergic to those orange fruits.
Many Thanks
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Yes, every year , I use this recipe - no citrus required geniuskitchen/recipe/...-turkey-105141
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Waitrose used to (my still) do a Heston turkey with a brine kit, so there’s likely a Heston recipe around
(We don’t, just butter and bacon on our crown!)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

dont usually do turkey, but when i do, i follow the alton brown method...

foodnetwork/recipes/a...recipe-2010390

(if youve not come across good eats before, you should check it out!)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We do but we use Nigella’s method which does have citrus

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Thanks for the info. My FB friends use Nigella so think I will go for that minus the orange. Fingers crossedx
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We had turkey here in Florida at thanksgiving Shelly used Martha Stewart's brine then what my mum did butter under the skin on the baked one and the deep fried one the brine which was well dried
Both were so moist she did say she'd never done thebrine and butter under the
Skin but would defiantly be doing this in the future and I will brine mine for Christmas
Have already bough a mahossive packet of Zip lock bags that she uses ( they make great packing cubes too handy to pack stuff in so it doesn't get soaked in the case if it's on the runway at MCO in a thunder storm )

Edited at 02:56 AM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We had turkey here in Florida at thanksgiving Shelly used Martha Stewart's brine then what my mum did butter under the skin on the baked one and the deep fried one the brine which was well dried
Both were so moist she did say she'd never done thebrine and butter under the
Skin but would defiantly be doing this in the future and I will brine mine for Christmas
Have already bough a mahossive packet of Zip lock bags that she uses ( they make great packing cubes too handy to pack stuff in so it doesn't get soaked in the case if it's on the runway at MCO in a thunder storm )
Thanks for that . I am going to go with Martha as I don't need to omit any ingredients due to allergies.
Old 5 Dec 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I have used Nigella the last 4 years always with great results