Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Apr 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gbaz44
Earning More Ears

Mobile HS strategy?

Hi all

We're planning Disney for end July / start August and everything was fine but now with every day at HS red flagged what's the best strategy? EMH everyday at 7am and some extra evenings.

We're staying off-site so would the option be get there for 8am on days when there are extra evening hours in the hope that some on-site guests will go later?

Or do you think the 7am won't be taken advantage of by that many considering other parks have a bit more about them. We're not even all that bothered about Toy Story to be honest, maybe would have been when kids were younger.

Thanks for any advice.
gbaz44 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

I think a lot of onsite guests will take advantage of the EMH and the park will be busy for the rest of the day.

Avatar land will stay attract a lot of people but Toy Story is ridiculously popular (rightly so as it is fab) and the new rides will attract massive crowds. I am not that bothered re the two new rides but still want to try Slinky Coaster.

Main problem at HS is that once people are in, there is not that much to do. After queuing for hours for TSM or Slinky, the masses will be queuing for RRC / TOT / ST.

I really like HS (it was my favourite Disney park until they demolished half of it) but when it is busy it is rubbish due to the lack of options. Everyone wants to go on the same things.

The other parks have more options so not as bad.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

I think best option is to get there for 8am and have fast passes for 3 of the main rides. Hopefully everyone will choose to sleep in!

We are onsite but we won't be getting up at 6am to do the EMH - I suspect it will be crazy busy even at that time. Far too early to be getting up when on holiday
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Mobile

I’m in the same boat as you! Also going early August. Originally I was going to get there for rope drop but now with the EMH I’m thinking I might not bother and have an easy relaxing morning at the hotel. I think I might go around 3ish and see how it is then and try and get some late afternoon fast passes - then walk through boardwalk to Epcot as I’ve got the fireworks planned for that night!
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Reckon we'll fastpass midway mania plus 2 and rope drop away from toy story land should be relatively quiet. Hopefully can sell in that there's no need to do the 2 new attractions given probable massive waits
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List