Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Jul 17, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Why don't Disney make more fp options?

So not many rides in DHS anymore. Obviously you don't really need fp for the shows etc.

I wonder why don't Disney even temporarily make some other things fastpass option available.

The likes of Olaf and Mickey and Mickey why not have a fp option.

I'm booking my fastpasses day by day at the minute and have to say I'm really struggling this year.

I couldn't even get a safari fp for AK today and I was online at 12!

Would this help with spreading out of fp and people in parks? Like not everyone wants to go on tower of terror whereas meeting Mickey could be a priority.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickey and Minnie do have a meet and greet that has FP available in AK and EP I believe

DHS is a mess though with FP, especially with tiers.
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by galaxyflorida View Post
Mickey and Minnie do have a meet and greet that has FP available in AK and EP I believe

DHS is a mess though with FP, especially with tiers.
It's great at AK. It's one of my favourite places to meet them.

I just thought seeing as there is so little to do in HS now if they were made a fp option it could give people more options
Old 23 Jul 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I agree. Character meets could be FP at DHS giving more options. Especially the Toy Story characters which always have a big queue.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I agree. Character meets could be FP at DHS giving more options. Especially the Toy Story characters which always have a big queue.
Exactly! I've never had photos with them queue is always massive!
Old 23 Jul 17, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Epcots the same, I always struggle to book 3 as test track, soarin and frozen are tiered so can only choose one.
Old 23 Jul 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
Epcots the same, I always struggle to book 3 as test track, soarin and frozen are tiered so can only choose one.
I'm the exact same. I've two days fastpasses and both the same except I swapped test track with soaring but other two are the same.
Old 23 Jul 17, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Because they are controlling where people are. FP is as much for their benefit as ours. That's why some rides that don't need FPP have it anyway. They make you think it's needed which influences where people are. It's all very clever in a Big Brother kind of way.

Edited at 08:25 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jeff456
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Back before fastpass plus a lot less rides had fastpass, it was fine. In fact Fastpass plus expanding to further attractions has just artificially inflated the lines of attractions that don't need it in the first place.
WDW- Feb 1999-AS Music, Oct 2000- AS Movies, Oct 2005- AKL, Oct 2006-Offsite, Feb 2008-AS Music, Aug 2010-POFQ, Aug 2012-OKW, Sep 2014 POFQ, Aug 2017 OKW, Aug 2023 POFQ, Jan 2024 - Dockside, April 2024 Villa, Sep 2024 OKW, Dec 2024 - AS Movies

DLP - Dec 2009, July 2011, July 2019, Sep 2019, November 2022
Jeff456 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jeff456 View Post
Back before fastpass plus a lot less rides had fastpass, it was fine. In fact Fastpass plus expanding to further attractions has just artificially inflated the lines of attractions that don't need it in the first place.
I've heard a lot of people say this in relation to the likes of Spaceship Earth, which can top 60 minutes, but never used to have massive queues.
I agree they need to do something at HS. The crowds keep flocking there as the 4 FP+ rides are all corkers!
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List