Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 21 Mar 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I will pay up to £100 for her dress and then she wants shoes and her hair done, possibly blonde bits and wavy which will also cost a bomb! Also needs make up, do girls do there own or go and have it done professionally? I have had two boys going to prom before so having a girl is exciting but daunting!
My daughter got hers done along with her nails £35. She had her hair coloured the week before around £80 and then put up on the day £20 boys are definitely cheaper 😄
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
If you book in at a counter like Mac or Urban Decay, the money for the make up is redeemable against products in store. There's also a chance she'll look like herself.
What I mean by that is when I attended our school prom this year (as a teacher) all the sixth year girls showed up in gorgeous dresses and the same face. It was unnerving. They all went to the same 'make up artist' and it was the strangest thing. Same foundation, eye shadow colour, highlight and contour. I can't quite put into words how much it looked like someone had stamped the same face on all the girls.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

We're also starting to look for a prom dress too. Daughter wants a long dress but she's not too tall so getting one the right length without having to have it altered will be our additional challenge
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
We're also starting to look for a prom dress too. Daughter wants a long dress but she's not too tall so getting one the right length without having to have it altered will be our additional challenge
My daughter I'd 5ft 4 and it cost £50 for her alterations
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

My dd has a short dress from ChiChi for her 6th form prom. and a slightly longer one off EBay for her year 11. Neither were very expensive and both unique on the night.

BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My dd is 5ft 2 so we have been looking at the petite dresses, now she wants a two piece a sparkly top and maybe a tulle skirt. She wanted a short skirt but now maybe a long one, something like this but maybe not pink!
Old 22 Mar 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
If you book in at a counter like Mac or Urban Decay, the money for the make up is redeemable against products in store. There's also a chance she'll look like herself.
What I mean by that is when I attended our school prom this year (as a teacher) all the sixth year girls showed up in gorgeous dresses and the same face. It was unnerving. They all went to the same 'make up artist' and it was the strangest thing. Same foundation, eye shadow colour, highlight and contour. I can't quite put into words how much it looked like someone had stamped the same face on all the girls.
My dd doesn’t really wear make up and has to have hypoallergenic, probably go to No7 in boots ask them to do something natural and then I will recreate it at home. She might end up looking like a clown x
Old 22 Mar 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lell View Post
My daughter I'd 5ft 4 and it cost £50 for her alterations
That what was I was worried about!

My dd is 5ft 2 so we have been looking at the petite dresses, now she wants a two piece a sparkly top and maybe a tulle skirt. She wanted a short skirt but now maybe a long one, something like this but maybe not pink!
That's lovely. Mine wants blue or burgundy at the moment.

My dd doesn’t really wear make up and has to have hypoallergenic, probably go to No7 in boots ask them to do something natural and then I will recreate it at home. She might end up looking like a clown x
My daughter doesn't wear make up very often - or shoes... usually trainers!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

That what was I was worried about!

That's lovely. Mine wants blue or burgundy at the moment.

My daughter doesn't wear make up very often - or shoes... usually trainers!
I've seen some lovely sparkly trainers with ribbons instead of laces if she wanted to down that route.
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I have ordered loads of dresses from ASOS and they have all gone back, Tulle skirts make her look bigger than she is size 10/12/14 depending on make of clothes. Got a order coming from Next and Very tomorrow, she bought this but it’s not fancy enough but really looks nice. Might just keep it any way as it was cheap.