Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 21 Mar 18, 04:37 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Oh yes , it's bearable to make coffee with but not tea, good point !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

at the villa we drink the tap water there... but usually with a load of ice from the ice maker, as it isnt very cold and doesnt taste that great (you dont notice the taste so much when its icy cold)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Oh yes I agree it's terrible for tea. My last trip I was wondering what was off with my tea until I tried using some bottled water I had gotten, then I realised that it was the tap water I was using previously!

Luckily I could get free water refills from the food court, which I did for the rest of the trip to make tea...
Old 21 Mar 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Perfectly safe but I can't stand the taste of the tap water there. Even the ice water in Disney I can't drink. I know some people bring those small juice drop things to make it less noticeable but I don't know if even that could save it for me.

Apparently some of the drinks fountains are filtered though so you'd be better refilling your bottle from those if you didn't like the taste
Old 21 Mar 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We buy boxes of sugar-free water flavouring powder sachets from supermarkets over there, they do a HUGE range of flavours, from pink lemonade to grape to peach iced tea, and everything in between. Crystal Lite is one brand, but we tend to just get Walmart's own. They are cheap, and you can carry a couple of sachets round in your bag each day. Top up your water bottle from a water fountain somewhere, then pop in a flavour powder and Bob's your uncle! We like these so much, I tend to bring a shed-load back with me to use here, they are so handy.
Old 21 Mar 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Tap water has a sulphur tang in Florida because of the aquifer level in the swampy areas. It is treated and filtered in the way that ours is. It hasn't killed anybody yet and tap water is perfectly safe to drink. However, many do buy bottled water as it is so cheap. I'm pretty sure that if you are staying at Disney, any plastic waste goes for proper recycling.

You might like to read this:

orlandosentinel/busin...625-story.html

Edited at 04:48 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousehunter
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Tap water has a sulphur tang in Florida because of the aquifer level in the swampy areas. It is treated and filtered in the way that ours is. It hasn't killed anybody yet and tap water is perfectly safe to drink. However, many do buy bottled water as it is so cheap. I'm pretty sure that if you are staying at Disney, any plastic waste goes for proper recycling.

You might like to read this:

orlandosentinel/busin...625-story.html
Thank you, very useful and informative.
Mousehunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We drink both when in Florida. But the plastic thing will push us to use tap water more.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

I think it is so funny when people are worried about plastic waste & the environment on their holiday to Florida when they have just burnt a large hole in the ozone layer flying to get there and will do it again to get back.

If it's an environmental thing, you would be better staying at home and going on a walking holiday.
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

We asked for ice water in the parks and we had no problem with filling our cups up from the water fountains either. The water wasn't particularly cold during the day but if you can find one in the shade it is usually slightly colder. As the day went on the water was cooler. We took those little Robinson's concentrate juice bottles.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List