Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 8 Apr 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Please explain Quidco to me

Please be kind !
I hear and read so much on here about cash back sites, and feel I’m missing out here.
I worry about my bank details floating around
Is it safe
What do I need to know
What can I save
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Basically sign up and then use it and your search engine for any purchases. Also sign up to topcashback. If the company you want to buy from is linked to either Quidco or TCB then click on the link and it will take you to the website and shop as normal. When you’ve finished then Quidco or TCB will register your visit and in due course the cashback will show in your account. When you’ve earned enough you can then transfer the cash value to your bank account or swap for certain vouchers. Get someone to recommend you as they get a cash incentive as well. Hope that makes sense-DH and I have been doing it for years. Booked my next BA holiday on it and will get about £100 back once we’ve flown and also use it for Debenhams, Marks and Spencer’s mainly
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Whilst I can’t explain, I can say that we have an account each and have saved around £700 in the past 3 years. Percentages can be low but it all adds up. It’s not guaranteed, especially when you use a voucher code, and payments can take 6 months to come back to you. We have quidco accounts (TopCashback didn’t have great reviews and didn’t track my cash back, so stopped using it).
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It is very safe. You basically follow a link via the quidco website. Quidco will get money for 'referring You' and pass some of that money on to you. I've used it for lots of things. Day to day online purchases but also large holiday purchases and get quite a large amount back. If your going to buy from somewhere anyway then why not get an extra bit back? The cashback can take a few months to get to your quidco account but it's all above board.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I use quidco regularly. The main earners for me are insurances/ breakdown cover/ mobile phone contracts and changing utilities. You can’t always use discount codes.
Payment goes in to PayPal or you can get a bit extra if you use it in certain stores but I prefer the cash.
If you do internet shopping anyway all you do is go to your shop via the quidco site.

I probably earn about £300 a year. Others probably earn more but I don’t shop much !
I always use it for a holiday treat. This year I am spending it on tickets for Siam Park Tenerife. It can sometimes take a very long time from purchase to receiving your cashback.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
I only signed up a few years ago but my total cashback so far is into the £200's now!
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

There’s a TCB Facebook page as well I believe to keep up to date with good offers. Whilst I have had a very small amount that don’t give you the cashback - generally they have all paid up quite quickly and if you’re going to shop online why not get a bit back for nothing or next to nothing as I believe there is a small fee if you get over a certain amount of cashback
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've been on quidco for about 10 years and topcashback slightly less. So far I've had around £2000 in cashback. I've never had any problems with it and find it really easy to use.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I use quidco regularly. The main earners for me are insurances/ breakdown cover/ mobile phone contracts and changing utilities. You can’t always use discount codes.
Payment goes in to PayPal or you can get a bit extra if you use it in certain stores but I prefer the cash.
If you do internet shopping anyway all you do is go to your shop via the quidco site.

I probably earn about £300 a year. Others probably earn more but I don’t shop much !
I always use it for a holiday treat. This year I am spending it on tickets for Siam Park Tenerife. It can sometimes take a very long time from purchase to receiving your cashback.
Thanks for your reply, I don’t have pay pal so does that matter. My concern was my bank details online.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I've used Quidco for years.

Here's my take on how it works.
Most retailers offer website owners a commission for sending them customers from their websites via a link (you can see examples of these affiliate links on the Dibb). Quidco works by giving you that payment instead.
Your bank details don't float around, they are held securely by Quidco. They get your payment and notify you and you then choose whether to take it there and then or save it til other payments add to it. You can get it in cash or in vouchers.

So how it works .
First you open a Quidco account Costs nothing to open .
Let's say you want to buy a new suitcase and know Debenhams have a sale on Trip suitcases (don't they always ). Instead of going to debenhams direct you would go to quidco and choose the Debenhams link which will show the cashback amount (today its 5%). This will take you to the Debenhams site , it'll look exactly the same but it will have tagged the visitto credit "commission" on any sale to Quidco . So let's say you buy a set of luggage and some sunglasses. You'd choose whether you wanted delivery or click and collect in the usual way and pay Debenhams with your card as usual.
Debenhams then send a notification to Quidco that they have earned a commission and it shows as a pending transaction on your Quidco account , when Debenhams pay them it changes from pending to confirmed and you can withdraw it.
For this Quidco charge £5 per year , taken from your commission , so anything over the first £5 is yours free and clear.

On my bookings for this year I earned commission on BA fly drive, hotels.com , airport parking, theme park tickets, travel insurance, I could have earned it on my Disney package but got a bigger discount booking through an agent than the cashback amount was booking direct. Other companies I've earned cashback from this year include florists, Argos, M&S, various fashion retailers and shopping My Gas and electric tariffs.
Those commissions although sometimes small soon add up.
I actually don't understand why anyone doesn't have a Quidco account. It's free money ! I've had literally thousands over the years.
Finally Quidco (and TCB who work in the same way) have refer a friend schemes so get a friend to send you a referral link and you'll both be paid a bonus for that too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List