Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Apr 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We were in a MK one year just before party time started playing Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom, and had just 1 more portal to do. At every turn between land etc, there were CMs checking for wristbands and if you didn't have one then you weren't allowed past and everything directed you towards the exit. The CMs wouldn't let us go just around the corner to the last portal as it was further in to the park than the entrance, so we had to leave it to another day.

I guess you could try to loiter on Main Street for hours without going in to any shops or restaurants and avoiding CMs checking people in order to try and watch the parade/fireworks, but that would be incredibly boring and it's just not worth being that sneaky. You'll also find people who have wristbands will point out those without to CMs to get them removed. If you want to participate, then buy a ticket and enjoy it properly.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
markiemark90
Very Serious Dibber

markiemark90's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Thanks everyone for explanations. I have booked universal HHN so I was thinking this may be a bit for kids. But when I looked at dates I realised it's practically every night when we are there, meaning we would be kicked out early, which does not seem fair when we have booked 14 day ticket, I do not get a discount on my ticket because MK closes early?

Look like will need to go on the odd day that it is not on!

I am not trying to cheat, I am just trying to understand!

No I am not looking up what colour magic bands are and how I can create a look a like from a rubber band and sticky back plastic

Thanks dibbers, research over fro today! Never been in October before you see.
Old 14 Apr 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We go regular this time of year and at the most I think mk is closed 4 days the last week of October so not exactly every day of your holiday . Just do another park on a party night , there’s plenty to choose from.
They rope of areas just like rope drop and if you don’t have a wristband you don’t get in, don’t get served or don’t get on a ride. Party people enter at the back of Main Street so it keeps Main Street clear for exit . At over $100 a ticket why would you expect to stay for free? They also change the design and wrist on the nights so good luck trying to cheat your way in .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by markiemark90 View Post
Thanks

I think we may hide in the toilets!

It all sounds bit divisive, if we stayed we would not be bothered about rides it would just be to see the parade and fireworks.

Are there any dibbers who have been in park and ushered out?
If you want to see the Halloween entertainment, pay for the Halloween party. These parties are not new, if you book this time of year its something you need to account for.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MissRed
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
You can watch the fireworks from outside of the park. Good views from the Poly, Contemporary or Wilderness Cabin beach.
I've been toying with this idea!
Do they still pipe in the music for the MNSSHP as they do for HEA?
YC '08
AKL '18
MissRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
If you want to see the Halloween entertainment, pay for the Halloween party.
To be fair, the OP has posted since that he wasn't looking to cheat the system and was only after information. I think the winking emoji gave away the tongue in cheek nature of the post.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Thanks everyone for explanations. I have booked universal HHN so I was thinking this may be a bit for kids. But when I looked at dates I realised it's practically every night when we are there, meaning we would be kicked out early, which does not seem fair when we have booked 14 day ticket, I do not get a discount on my ticket because MK closes early?

Look like will need to go on the odd day that it is not on!

I am not trying to cheat, I am just trying to understand!

No I am not looking up what colour magic bands are and how I can create a look a like from a rubber band and sticky back plastic

Thanks dibbers, research over fro today! Never been in October before you see.
The design of the band changes every year.

And no, the 14 day ticket is already heavily discounted (a single day entry is over $100 and does not include park hopping or Memory Maker, it's £400 for 14 and both perks) so no refunds. Just go to MK on non-party days along with all the other people not buying tickets. Watch Hallowishes from one of the resorts if you want to see it - it's an older show so mostly about the fireworks, you don't need to be in the park.

Edited at 04:03 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

meaning we would be kicked out early, which does not seem fair when we have booked 14 day ticket, I do not get a discount on my ticket because MK closes early?
this kind of argument is one of my pet peeves.

first of all, if a US guest was to buy the same amount of days, with the same perks, they would pay for a 10 and a 4 days tickets, for a total of $1260 or £885 ... when you paid around £369

so basically you were already given 60% off on your tickets, just because you're from the UK. And guests who paid way more than you in comparison also face the same opening hours. so it's a bit bold to talk about not being given a discount for early closing

second, your ticket gets you unlimited entry during regular park operations.
and that's exactly what you'll get.

then, your ticket grants you access to every park on property.
It's your choice to go to MK on that day instead of going to another park.

do people get discounts when they choose to go to DAK that closes at 8pm instead of another park that closes at 10pm the same day ? nay they don't.
when MK closes at 6pm you'll at least find one park that closes at 9 or even 10pm. And the best part is you don't have to pay extra to go to that park for the rest of the day. That's not everybody's case, because US guests will need to pay extra to get the hopper option you got included

sorry, I know this comes across a bit harsh, but this whole thread has moved from trying to get extra content without paying, to claiming it's unfair ... sometimes we need to be reminded that we get 60% off our tickets compared to what it costs to US guests ... and we have 14 days tickets when the regular US family will only have 5 days in the parks and be hit much harder by limited hours of operations
but, guess who complains ...

/rant over.

Edited at 04:09 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
this kind of argument is one of my pet peeves.

first of all, if a US guest was to buy the same amount of days, with the same perks, they would pay for a 10 and a 4 days tickets, for a total of $1260 or £885 ... when you paid around £369

so basically you were already given 60% off on your tickets, just because you're from the UK. And guests who paid way more than you in comparison also face the same opening hours. so it's a bit bold to talk about not being given a discount for early closing

second, your ticket gets you unlimited entry during regular park operations.
and that's exactly what you'll get.

then, your ticket grants you access to every park on property.
It's your choice to go to MK on that day instead of going to another park.

do people get discounts when they choose to go to DAK that closes at 8pm instead of another park that closes at 10pm the same day ? nay they don't.
when MK closes at 6pm you'll at least find one park that closes at 9 or even 10pm. And the best part is you don't have to pay extra to go to that park for the rest of the day. That's not everybody's case, because US guests will need to pay extra to get the hopper option you got included

sorry, I know this comes across a bit harsh, but this whole thread has moved from trying to get extra content without paying, to claiming it's unfair ... sometimes we need to be reminded that we get 60% off our tickets compared to what it costs to US guests ... and we have 14 days tickets when the regular US family will only have 5 days in the parks and be hit much harder by limited hours of operations
but, guess who complains ...

/rant over.
Well that's told you
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
sorry, I know this comes across a bit harsh,
Gulp. backs away slowly...

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List