Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 15 Apr 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Britians Got Talent

Did any of you watch it last night?
How amazing was the magician with the baby?! It was so moving and clever. I was blown away by it . It was good to see Ant on it too x
Old 15 Apr 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sas View Post
Did any of you watch it last night?
How amazing was the magician with the baby?! It was so moving and clever. I was blown away by it . It was good to see Ant on it too x
I had tears in my eyes.
It was brilliant and very moving. What could he do next though? I’m not sure anything he did could have the same impact now.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

It was moving and well performed but I suspect the magic was pretty simple.

Saying that, it’s about entertainment and he certainly entertained.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

He was very good to watch and very moving, there were quite a few good acts last night.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

anyone else see the breathtaking irony in Amanda Holden being on a show called Britains Got Talent !
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
anyone else see the breathtaking irony in Amanda Holden being on a show called Britains Got Talent !
Is that the multi-millionaire Amanda Holden? Her talents may not be on the creative side, but financially she seems a fair bit more talented than me... about £6million more...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Am I the only one that was turned off by the magician? The whole thing was designed to just tug on the heart strings and to be honest it put me off him as this was the most blatant attempt at a sympathy vote I've ever seen.

The trick wasn't amazing. I'm no magician but there's many ways that could have been done.
Old 16 Apr 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Am I the only one that was turned off by the magician? The whole thing was designed to just tug on the heart strings and to be honest it put me off him as this was the most blatant attempt at a sympathy vote I've ever seen.

The trick wasn't amazing. I'm no magician but there's many ways that could have been done.
No you are not the only one. I felt the same.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I was moved by the magician's story and how it was told, but the magic itself seemed quite basic and I am not sure his second appearance will have the same impact. I was very surprised when Ant and Dec used their golden buzzer for him.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post

Completely agree, I actually thought it was a bit distasteful.

It's going to be interesting to see how he is going to follow that.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List