Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Apr 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Family Cabanas at Volcano Bay

Hi All,

I've just booked one of the 16 person Family cabanas for our trip in August. Does anyone have any photos of the family cabana? I don't really now if its more or less the same as the smaller ones or not?

We had one of the regular cabanas for our trip in March, but needed the family one as they will be 9 in our group this time. I should have had a look when I was there but completely forgot!

Thanks!
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylife4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We were looking into these for August too. Can I asked how you booked and if it tells you how many there are left? We’re there 18th aug-1st sept? They do look pretty amazing!
Disneylife4me is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disneylife4me View Post
We were looking into these for August too. Can I asked how you booked and if it tells you how many there are left? We’re there 18th aug-1st sept? They do look pretty amazing!
You have to call to book them, the number is 001 877 4898068.

There are only 2 family cabanas in the park so I wanted to book early to make sure we got one, but I'm sure there will be availability if it is a normal one you're looking for. I think they let you book them for up to 6 people, it used to be 8 but now its 6. To be fair we had 2 adults and 2 children in our standard one in March and I don't think it'd be overly comfortable with more than 6 people in it.
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylife4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you for that. That’s really helpful.
Disneylife4me is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Thank you for that. That’s really helpful.
No problem. We loved having the cabana, it isn't cheap, but definitely worth it to us. If you're ringing up to book, have an idea of what area of the park you would like your cabana to be in, as depending on what they have available to book, they will ask you where you would prefer.
Old 16 Apr 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylife4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lou1982 View Post
No problem. We loved having the cabana, it isn't cheap, but definitely worth it to us. If you're ringing up to book, have an idea of what area of the park you would like your cabana to be in, as depending on what they have available to book, they will ask you where you would prefer.
Ah ok. We’ve never done VB-we’re mostly Disney people!
I’ll check out the map-unless there’s somewhere you’d recommend?
We were staying at Cabana bay whilst it was being built and it looks amazing!
Some reviews I’ve read haven’t been all that great-but we’re looking forward to trying it. Thanks again.
Old 16 Apr 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Ah ok. We’ve never done VB-we’re mostly Disney people!
I’ll check out the map-unless there’s somewhere you’d recommend?
We were staying at Cabana bay whilst it was being built and it looks amazing!
Some reviews I’ve read haven’t been all that great-but we’re looking forward to trying it. Thanks again.
We've been twice now, August 2017 and March 2018 and loved it both times. We got our cabana in River village, it was round near the side of the honu ika moana slides. I suited us really well as it was fairly quiet, and also not far away from the kids area and lazy river.
Old 16 Apr 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylife4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lou1982 View Post
We've been twice now, August 2017 and March 2018 and loved it both times. We got our cabana in River village, it was round near the side of the honu ika moana slides. I suited us really well as it was fairly quiet, and also not far away from the kids area and lazy river.
That’s good to hear-we’re really gonna miss the lazy river at Cabana bay this year. My girls love it! VB will be a nice alternative. Thanks for the recommendation too. I appreciate it.
Old 3 May 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellegirl8
Earning More Ears

We have booked one for August too and was wondering the same! Does anyone know the exact location of them in the park?
Bellegirl8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bellegirl8 View Post
We have booked one for August too and was wondering the same! Does anyone know the exact location of them in the park?
The phone agent only told me that both of the family cabanas are located in the river village area