Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Apr 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysRcoming
Staying in the Castle

How to decide?

First post so please be gentle. We've booked for Disney next year and have a dining plan which comes with a sit down meal. We have 3 daughters all under 12 so we'd like to do a meal with princesses if possible. There is so much choice I don't know where to start! Is there any recommendations or a review section in here?
holidaysRcoming is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
When I first started on the dibb I always looked at food reports which you can find in the index on the forums. My favourite ones are Dixonsontour. Her food reports are always really good. Not to blow my own trumpet but I have three of my own which you can find by clicking on my signature below.

I have two daughters myself so I know how important the princess meals are! There are three that I can think of. Nothing beats Cinderella's royal table at the magic kingdom in the castle but that is two table service credits as opposed to the One credit meals that you can have at Akershus in Epcot and Trattoria Al Forno at the Boardwalk. I have done all 3 over the years.

There is a sticky at the to of the dining section that will explain all about the dining plans as well.

Edited at 08:37 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I have two young daughter's so I know how important princess meals are! Nothing beats Cinderella's royal table at the castle in the Magic Kingdom but that is two table service credits as opposed to
Totally agree! Even as an adult going into the Castle is so special! Our girls LOVED the whole experience. I enjoyed it myself so much that Im planning on doing it again this trip just me and hubby 😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubbasmum
Apprentice Imagineer

I would read a few food trip reports initially but then if there is a particular type of food you like you can always ask Dibbers... if there is one thing we love... it's food !

Happy planning

POFQ 2006
DLP Hotel New York 2010 & 2011
OKW 2013
Championsgate 2014
Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Barcelona 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Norwejian Fjords 2016
SSR 2016, SSR 2018
Bubbasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysRcoming
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
When I first started on the dibb I always looked at food reports which you can find in the index on the forums. My favourite ones are Dixonsontour. Her food reports are always really good. Not to blow my own trumpet but I have three of my own which you can find by clicking on my signature below.

I have two daughters myself so I know how important the princess meals are! There are three that I can think of. Nothing beats Cinderella's royal table at the magic kingdom in the castle but that is two table service credits as opposed to the One credit meals that you can have at Akershus in Epcot and Trattoria Al Forno at the Boardwalk. I have done all 3 over the years.

There is a sticky at the to of the dining section that will explain all about the dining plans as well.
I will have a look. Thanks
holidaysRcoming is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

It can seem very confusing when you first book with just so much choice in Disney!

Like others have said, reading some food reports is a good place to start! I highly recommend gjdjuds and dixonsontour to start!

I also found looking at menus helpful, you can find these via the Disney website or https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/menus.php

My DD is 5 and in awe of Princesses. We have booked Cinderella Royal Table for lunch and Bon Voyage breakfast.

Edited at 04:38 PM.
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List