Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 1 May 15, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Something else that I thought might be useful on here after posting on another thread.

With some QS meals you can have an ice cream as dessert. As you won't want to get this at the same time as your meal and watch it melt, you just tell the CM when you're ordering and they will stamp your receipt so that you can go back after your meal to get it. If I remember rightly, you have a 1 hour window
That's an interesting tip... any idea on where does ice cream though? Most QS places where you would have a meal tend to have the chocolate/carrot cake etc. options.
Old 1 May 15, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
That's an interesting tip... any idea on where does ice cream though? Most QS places where you would have a meal tend to have the chocolate/carrot cake etc. options.
You're right, it's probably mainly at resorts. Ice cream was an option at both POFQ and SSR

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 15, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

yes the ice cream thing works well in the resorts have done it at pofq, all stars and art of animation. At all stars we had the massive ice cream cookie sandwiches.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 15, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
millarmagic
slightly serious Dibber

[QUOTE=DisneyWannabe;10596377]

I also take a box of cereal with me, as certainly for the first day, my kids are starving and nowhere is open at silly o'clock, so they have cereal in the room (get a carton of milk at the gift shop)

This is a great tip. We are staying at POR, will there be fridges in our rooms, also, what did you do for bowls & spoons? Did you just pinch some from the QS restaurant at the hotel?
millarmagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 15, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyWannabe View Post
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but when using qs/cs credits at a resort, take your refillable mug for your drink and then get a bottled drink to take into the parks with you.
So, is t true that I can use my refillable mug from CBR for a drink in say, Animal Kingdom Lodge?
I hope so, that would be fantastic!
It's just I read something on here yesterday saying mugs are chipped to stop you getting refill drinks at other resorts?
thanks for any reply
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 15, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow some amazing tips in this thread, thank you for posting and to everyone for the tips
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 15, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
So, is t true that I can use my refillable mug from CBR for a drink in say, Animal Kingdom Lodge?
I hope so, that would be fantastic!
It's just I read something on here yesterday saying mugs are chipped to stop you getting refill drinks at other resorts?
thanks for any reply
No you can use your mug at any resort. They are chipped to last length of stay.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 15, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
[QUOTE=millarmagic;10602999]
I also take a box of cereal with me, as certainly for the first day, my kids are starving and nowhere is open at silly o'clock, so they have cereal in the room (get a carton of milk at the gift shop)

This is a great tip. We are staying at POR, will there be fridges in our rooms, also, what did you do for bowls & spoons? Did you just pinch some from the QS restaurant at the hotel?
Yes there are fridges in all the rooms. You can certainly get plastic cutlery from the food court but I don't know about bowls. We always make a trip to Walgreens or Walmart and get bowls and spoons if we need them. The resort shop may sell them though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 15, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've edited the initial post to add in some of the tips as I know people often don't trawl through the whole thread.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 15, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=millarmagic;10602999]

As Lisa says, there is a fridge in the room. We normally pack a few plastic bowls and spoons to take with us plus a bit of washing up liquid decanted into a small bottle. Or you could buy some disposable bowls from somewhere like the pound shop. Doesn't take up much space

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread