Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 18 Apr 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

My Dh has wide fit memory foam sketchers trainers , he lives in them and even wears a pair to work on his feet all day .
He bought his first pair from Marshall’s ( Tk Maxx partner In the US) his second pair from the sketchers outlet in Gloucester here in the UK .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DaveWitham View Post
Hi folks, just wondering if any big chaps could recommend suitable footwear? I’m around 20 stone and need a widish fit comfortable trainer.
Skechers! I always wear them when walking. Hubby reluctant but now loves his ones too. Try to get something with a bit of a built up heal. I'm not sure on width fitting for men but the womens are definitely on the wide side.
Old 27 Apr 18, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Hi folks, just wondering if any big chaps could recommend suitable footwear? I’m around 20 stone and need a widish fit comfortable trainer.
Dave.

I live in sketchers.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DaveWitham
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Cheers folks, Skechers it is 👍
DaveWitham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Cheers folks, Skechers it is 👍
Dave. Go runs are my shoe of choice, nice and lightweight and cool.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sarkyone View Post
Thanks for that. I’ll stop worrying about flights of passsage and worry about Harry Potter stuff now!
I am size 26/28 with very bad oedema in my right leg. I thought I'd have no chance of doing FOP as I had failed to get on any of the harry potter universal rides the year before and decided only to do disney last year.dropping universal.
I got on the seat no problem. My leg was a bit tight because of the restraints but not uncomfortable.
I didn't even see a seat outside (just as well as if i'd tried it and i didnt fit, i'd have been mortified.) we were lucky enough to ride this 3 times and each 1 was fine.

I'm trying to lose a bit of weight i put on since last year and am hoping i can still fit!

I am sure you'll be fine. we are doing universal this year but i have no chance of getting on anything except shrek, minions, possibly simpsons ride. harry potter train transformers and maybe spiderman. i'll take a walk through hogsworth castle (they allowed me to do that last time) and thats fine by me. I'll let my ds ride everything else!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just found an excellent vlog for plus size Disney visitors it's called 'Pammie Plus Parks'

She films herself trying various rides etc.

Wish I'd found this before I went this year!
Old 5 Jul 18, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
diddldonna
Apprentice Imagineer

diddldonna's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by suecee View Post
Just found an excellent vlog for plus size Disney visitors it's called 'Pammie Plus Parks'

She films herself trying various rides etc.

Wish I'd found this before I went this year!
She is amazing and her videos really help put your mind at rest x

Past Disney world Vacations:
POFQ AUG 2018, OCT 2015 CR, FEB 2013 OKW, SEPT 2010 OKW, NOV 2007 ASM, NOV 2005 ASM, JUNE 2004 Offsite.
diddldonna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
hollypop
Very Serious Dibber

Pammie is great, I find myself watching her videos even for rides I've been on loads just to reassure myself!
hollypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 02:30 AM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Oh I must have a look.
Well I didn't lose the weight i'd hoped to and went on FOP BUT the back restraint wouldn't 'lock in' at first but he gave it a shove and it did BUT it was tight around my tummy and if i'd eaten before the ride it would've made it very uncomfirtable. for thst reason, i missed my other 2 fast passes for this ride as i didnt want to feel uncomfortable.
the leg restraints wouldn't lock at first either but the guy got down and pushed them on too. they were fine though.
when the ride finished, the back restraint wouldn't release and i was stuck! Luckily due to some quick thinking by DS, he managed to get it off.

phew.

Now i know i need to get that weight off if i want to go again.
I am very big around hips and tummy, so ladies if thats where you're weight is, just be mindful if you are nearing size 26/28 around the middle!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List