Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 Nov 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Question Tokyo for a week, would you?

For those who have been to Tokyo or anywhere in Japan, would you go for just a week?

My daughter is doing an internship in Japan next year and I'm considering flying out with her a week early before the internship starts. My son has been to Tokyo for a week with work and loved it, but he's used to travelling long distances for short periods.

I would be restricted to a week as I already have other time booked off of work for holidays next year.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post

DH and I have done Japan for a longer trip, but we absolutely would do Tokyo for a week. We think there is something amazing about doing one of the iconic cities of the world for a week (which Tokyo is). We went to Rio for six days a few years ago and it will be one of our best holiday memories ever. We would definitely go back to Tokyo for a week.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Definitely! DH and I returned from Tokyo a week ago and we loved it! We were there 10 nights but split our time between Tokyo and Tokyo Disney Resort (which is amazing). We would definitely go back.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

No doubt about it! We did 8 nights last year and it was brilliant. Would like to do longer and explore more of Japan next time but a week in Tokyo is fine. We did 4 nights in Tokyo itself and 4 at Tokyo Disney
Old 22 Nov 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Thank you for the replies, it sounds like a good idea then
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

It’s funny, my youngest who was 10 at the time and I did Tokyo for 15 nights due to getting I insanely cheap flights. We didn’t fully appreciate it at the time. But the other day,he was begging to go back and would happily do a week. Looking back,it was one of our best holidays ever! We were looking at February but I hate the cold. Although, I would actually make an exception as there are a lot of things we did actually like. Last year, I didn’t think I’d return,lol. It Fantastic 😊
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

While I haven’t done Japan for a week I have done other Asian cities (HK, KL and Bangkok) for a short trip.

Tokyo is fabulous!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Mobile

Well I’ve mentioned the idea to my daughter and luckily she loves the idea 😊. Now I just have to read the Tokyo trip reports on here and start planning.
Old 24 Nov 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
Well I’ve mentioned the idea to my daughter and luckily she loves the idea 😊. Now I just have to read the Tokyo trip reports on here and start planning.
Well done After saying I wouldn’t be back, I’m actually planning a trip for next August, so doing the same
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Olliesmommy
Proud to wear my Ears

Reading this thread with interest, what is the best time of year to visit? Thanks, JJ
Olliesmommy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List