Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Mar 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL43
slightly serious Dibber

Scenic way from OKW to Epcot/MK?

Just wondering if there is a non-bus way to get from OKW to Epcot/MK. I appreciate that if possible it will mean getting on/off different transport and will take longer but it was just a way to see more/different parts of Disney?
TINKERBELL43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
EcosseDibb
Getting Excited

The only water link from OWK is to Disney Springs. There is a walkway which also goes to Disney Springs, but not to any of the parks.

You would then still need to get to the parks from DS, which isn't possible direct by boat or bus and I'm not aware of any running track/walkway which goes out to the parks either I'm afraid.
EcosseDibb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post

According to the Laughing Place link you can take a bus to Hollywood Studios then boat to Epcot.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

consider that WDW is not pedestrian friendly

there is not a single "non bus way" from OKW to any park (well technically uber or taxi would be classed as non-bus ... but that's not the spirit of your question)

you will need to use a bus for at least part of your journey

if you want a very scenic (but soooooooooooo long) route ... here's one

boat or walk from OKW to Disney Springs, the bus to contemporary resort
Resort monorail at CR to loop the loop around 7 seas lagoon 20 minutes, or walk 5 minutes to MK
or resort monorail at CR to TTC then transfer on Epcot monorail (20 minutes from TTC to EP)

but, that's only if you want to be sightseeing. This is absolutely not efficient if you just want to get to the park

there is no scenic route from OKW to any park without involving at least a bus ride, and a very long trip
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL43
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping there might have been a way to Boardwalk and walk from there. Oh well just have to get the buses - sure it won't be too much of a hardship
TINKERBELL43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL43
slightly serious Dibber

Just noticed you can get a boat from DHS to Epcot - sounds like quite a long ride but it would be something we have never done before. So I suppose we could take waterway to DS. Bus to DHS. Boat to Epcot and then either walk or get boat to Boardwalk. Give our feet a bit of a rest and take in scenery?
Old 6 Mar 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TINKERBELL43 View Post
Just noticed you can get a boat from DHS to Epcot - sounds like quite a long ride but it would be something we have never done before. So I suppose we could take waterway to DS. Bus to DHS. Boat to Epcot and then either walk or get boat to Boardwalk. Give our feet a bit of a rest and take in scenery?
(Edited to add - thanks Mrs BC - no buses from DS to parks)It may involve more walking (In fact it definitely will) than getting the bus direct to DS from your nearest bus stop. It will take quite a long time too.

The boat rides are nice though

If you look at Google maps it will appear that You can in theory walk from OKW to the back of Epcot, and runners used to do this for race events (when there was no traffic). It's prohibited to do this because it's very very dangerous - no walkways, crossing roads with traffic approaching from four directions etc. Not saying you were thinking of doing that, but nobody should consider it.

Edited at 12:12 PM.
KarenG is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TINKERBELL43 View Post
No buses go from Disney Springs to the parks - only to resorts. You could boat to DS, get a bus to the Boardwalk (it is a resort) and take a lovely walk to Epcot in under 10 mins or get a boat from the Boardwalk to Epcot WS. From Epcot main entrance you can take a monorail to MK.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Sorry just noticed the order of your stops on the HS to Epcot boat route.

You get in at HS, next stop is Swan/Dolphin, then YC/BC, then Boardwalk and finally Epcot. So you'd get off at the Boardwalk rather than going to Epcot and coming back to the Boardwalk.

It's usually quicker to walk from Boardwalk to Epcot (and vice versa) and always quicker to walk from YC/BC to Epcot than boat (and vice versa). It's well under ten minutes, I think usually six minutes for us from BC. You are going at a hot time of year though, when the boat trip becomes more appealing
Old 6 Mar 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
No buses go from Disney Springs to the parks - only to resorts. You could boat to DS, get a bus to the Boardwalk (it is a resort) and take a lovely walk to Epcot in under 10 mins or get a boat from the Boardwalk to Epcot WS. From Epcot main entrance you can take a monorail to MK.
Good point! I was so busy with all the resort orders I forgot that important point!

So I'd do boat to DS and bus to Swan / Dolphin / Yacht / Beach / Boardwalk (all are fine, sometimes they share sometimes not).

You could combine with mini golf at Fantasia Gardens.