Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Dec 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

In fairness to them, I would say that maybe they got hit by an unusually high number of flight delays - but they have the sign printed, and the time estimated from that point so that indicates that maybe it does happen a bit.
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
I'd be quite careful using the word "unacceptable"

so well, while I agree it's a pain, and it should not happen, I would be very careful with the use of "unacceptable"
Disney Fanboy alert
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I think that’s unacceptable as well
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Disney Fanboy alert
And someone who can afford other options while showing no empathy for people who can’t just afford to jump in a very expensive Uber from the airport.

There is nothing “complimentary” about DME, we are all paying for it in one way or another.

Edited at 07:49 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Disney Fanboy alert

I've made the switch from disney to universal a few years ago, mostly because disney prices were so ridiculously high, and overall policies after all (not mentionning getting bed bugs in our POR room, which didn't really help with the magic)
Spent 4 weeks in orlando last august, only gave disney ONE visit for a MNSSHP

so, no, calling me a disney fanboy is almost insulting, let me tell you.

but, people need to be fair.
disney says they will get you free transport to their resort, and they deliver.
Point me anywhere in T&Cs, ads, or whatever that states a maximum guaranteed waiting time ...

At the parks, you will face much higher wait times, and you will still pay "fiull price" for your tickets, and just like they do at DME, they indicate "wait time beyond this point" and you get the choice to enter the line, or not.

it's not fanboyism, it's common sense. And it works anywhere around the globe.

and ... well, we keep on seeing threads about how unacceptable things are, about nightmares, disapointment, and all ... but the same people still insist on going regardless ...

next, if you're not happy and face such delays, guest relations are the way to take your claim, not a forum, or, better, vote with your feet ... that's what I did a few years ago when I became a universal passholder and stopped going to disney

so don't insult me with being a fanboy, thank you
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

mostly because disney prices were so ridiculously high

<snip>

disney says they will get you free transport to their resort
Surely you see there is nothing “free” about it...

Universal would be more expensive if they offered services like DME. This point seems to fly you by. It’s a paid for service in the end. Disney do nothing for free. Everything is costed.

It’s like free parking at Disney springs. It’s only free if your not playing the inflated prices in the shops and restaurants

Edited at 07:55 PM.
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
And someone who can afford other options while showing no empathy for people who can’t just afford to jump in a very expensive Uber from the airport.

in all fairness, I don't see the empathy point.

talking about being able to afford a $30 uber ride when one can afford the £8k or £10k trip to the mouse ...
Yes, I can (must) be able to afford to rent a car, due to being disabled and not having much of a choice for mobility reasons, but thank you for the empathy
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

in all fairness, I don't see the empathy point.

talking about being able to afford a $30 uber ride when one can afford the £8k or £10k trip to the mouse ...
Yes, I can (must) be able to afford to rent a car, due to being disabled and not having much of a choice for mobility reasons, but thank you for the empathy
You clearly don’t see it... you just doubled down on your lack of empathy lol...

For some people it’s not a 8k / 10k trip and some people save their whole lives paying for it and when they come over they are working on extremely tight budgets.

If you can afford additional x number of dollars on a unplanned cost of a Uber or car hire from the airport then you should count yourself lucky as it’s beyond lots of people.

Reminds of the general election where half the country struggle to understand how the other half live...

Regarding your disability, I can’t have empathy for something I know nothing about or you choose not to menthon. But nice try at cheap shot :

Edited at 08:08 PM.
Old 8 Dec 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
For some people it’s not a 8k / 10k trip and some people save their whole lives paying for it and when they come over they are working on extremely tight budgets.

If you can afford additional x number of dollars on a unplanned cost of a Uber or car hire from the airport then you should count yourself lucky as it’s beyond lots of people.
well, you realise that, if I were to return to disney's I would need to rent a car, but STILL pay for the DME hidden costs ... without being "able" to use it. Do you see me complain ?

so yes, it's a case of whining about wait times

now, the tight budget issue is quite a moot point when the people complaining (without having experienced the long wait) are also DVC owners. Buying DVC, even resale, is quite far from the guests you describe as saving all their lives for a once in a lifetime trip and who fly to florida without having 30 bucks to their name.

Edited at 08:14 PM.
Old 8 Dec 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

well, you realise that, if I were to return to disney's I would need to rent a car, but STILL pay for the DME hidden costs ... without being "able" to use it. Do you see me complain ?

so yes, it's a case of whining about wait times

now, the tight budget issue is quite a moot point when the people complaining (without having experienced the long wait) are also DVC owners. Buying DVC, even resale, is quite far from the guests you describe as saving all their lives for a once in a lifetime trip and who fly to florida without having 30 bucks to their name.
I have empathy for your situation though lol. It's shame you don't for other people.

In the end its a paid for service and a 60 min wait is poor. You can disagree on that aspect but expecting others to pay additional money out lacks empathy I feel. Your making rash assumptions about people's ability to pay for various things.

Owning dvc I would imagine is quite a commitment and probably hits one's disposable income quiet heavily. They probably pay the most towards the DME service and can probably expect more than most for something better
from the service.

Edited at 08:35 PM.