Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Dec 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Off to Disneyland Paris next week then We have Boston in March , Las Vegas, LA and Hawaii in August and Berlin in October .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollyhobbit View Post
That leaves one weeks holiday so hoping to do something in September or October that I choose although Hubby wants to go to the F1 race in Austin .
Don't leave it too late to book your hotel and tickets.
COTA sells out faster than Silverstone, as do the reasonably priced places to stay.

Busier than ever since Netflix documentary.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Off to Fuerteventura in February for a week then a Norwegian cruise in August, after seeing another Dibbers trip to Iceland this has whetted our appetite for a trip in October

Jane 😊
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
Struggling to get motivated for next year which is most unlike me as I love my holidays! We are going to Rome in July but that was booked for football really and like someone else said we intended to do more short breaks rather than one big holiday. So maybe Bruges / Brussels during Easter holidays, either Split, Algarve or Boston to see my sister during summer holidays and Cornwall sometime else . However after really struggling this winter already wondering if I should just save and go away for next Christmas and spend the festive season in the sun !
I’m another who is struggling to motivate myself to book for next year. I’ve normally got at least one booked and others planned by now. We did have a lot of wonderful holidays this year so I think I’m just struggling to start again

We are pretty sure we are going on a twin centre holiday in July, with 4 nights in Rome then a week in Sorrento. I’m also planning another adults only relaxing luxury week in Europe for just DH and I for next October but unsure where to go.

I’m hoping to use our touring caravan for a few breaks, but again, unsure of where to go. A short European city break could be nice too. I’m definitely going to have to start motivating myself to find something 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Is it me or does everyone seems to be having more than one holiday nowadays?

Growing up we had one. Usually in a caravan. Best was Disney for 2 weeks in holidays inn I drive.

Now I’ve got two booked this year and had two last year but that’s only due to circumstances changing.

Is it maybe an age thing or have times just changed
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Is it me or does everyone seems to be having more than one holiday nowadays?

Growing up we had one. Usually in a caravan. Best was Disney for 2 weeks in holidays inn I drive.

Now I’ve got two booked this year and had two last year but that’s only due to circumstances changing.

Is it maybe an age thing or have times just changed
I’m betting there is a correlation between those who have more than one holiday with those who don’t have school aged children 😊

We have one big holiday a year but also have camping weekends and long weekend city breaks with our 7 year old.

I’ve always lived for my holidays and prior to DD we’d have two holidays a year.

When I was a child we’d go away once a year... as soon as mum and dad retired they were going away 3 times a year..

Edited at 07:19 PM.
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Off to the uk at Easter

Will be planning wdw 2021 next year a long weekend away in either Paris or Madrid not sure yet
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Toronto in Sept for my sons wedding, a short break somewhere in August for dds birthday, Germany maybe!
Old 15 Dec 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
neelixm8
Proud to wear my Ears

Just back from Orlando, this was the last holiday of the year and time to get ready for our birthdays and Christmas.

Next year, we start off with a trip to Lake Garda in February (hope there is snow). In April back to Orlando. June means we will be seeing Aerosmith in Milan and to end the year it's New York for 60th birthday celebrations. Looking forward to 2020 and hope it is as successful and happy as 2019.

I am very grateful for my good fortune.
Old 15 Dec 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

We're staying in the UK next year with the exception of 5nights in Majorca May half time.
We're buying Merlin passes again & attempting to go to all 30+ attractions in the 12mths.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List