Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Sep 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rotonda Bound View Post
Hi Stanley
Thought you might like to know about our flight over.
I’d say the plane was just over half full. We were in economy.
Virgin had allocated seats keeping groups & couples together. The side rows of 3 were mainly just occupied by two people, same with the middle seats. Where possible they had spread passengers out to give as much space as possible.
Can’t praise the staff enough. They were pleasant and attentive.
Great flight and we landed half an hour earlier.

Thank you for your previous information.
Bernadette
Thank you Rotonda Bound (Bernadette) your feedback is very much appreciated. Your description reflects the total number of unoccupied and blocked seats when we last checked and it is good to see that Virgin had used the space to help spread the passengers out. So pleased you had a good flight and thank you for your updates about your trip and I am sure everyone found them of interest.

Start planning your next trip soon
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

Hiya, is it possible to check VS131 on the 25th sept please? LHR-BGI.
Just off phone to Virgin who say it’s a busy flight and that there’s only 1 upper class seat left to sell, (despite me doing a dummy booking for 4) and that there’s no chance of an upgrade 🤔
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by teallach View Post
Hiya, is it possible to check VS131 on the 25th sept please? LHR-BGI.
Just off phone to Virgin who say it’s a busy flight and that there’s only 1 upper class seat left to sell, (despite me doing a dummy booking for 4) and that there’s no chance of an upgrade 🤔
VS 131 - scheduled to be operated by a A330-300 aircraft

UC - 6 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked
PE - 13 seats unoccupied with 7 blocked
EC - 48 seats unoccupied with 55 blocked

At this point in time as you suggest there are 4J class fares available - these are fully flexible fares and although I cannot explain why the Virgin agent told you there was only 1 seat for sale (at the time of the call that could have been the situation) but I do agree that an upgrade would be very unlikely but not impossible. For this particular date in UC the agent was correct it is very busy.

The LHR-BGI route for both VS and BA are, especially in the Premium cabins - BA offer both First and Club not just UC like VS, in such high demand at the moment that the airlines will wait to see if they can sell them first rather than offer them as an upgrade.

It is a case of wait and see I'm afraid and hope it works out for you.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Excited about Disney

Could you check our flights please
BA2037 LGW-MCO 21st May
BA2036 MCO-LGW 4th June
We're travelling economy, interested to know whether there's much space left as so many people seem to have rebooked for May and it's half term!
Thanks 🙂
Old 10 Sep 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Hula Doola View Post
Could you check our flights please
BA2037 LGW-MCO 21st May
BA2036 MCO-LGW 4th June
We're travelling economy, interested to know whether there's much space left as so many people seem to have rebooked for May and it's half term!
Thanks 🙂
No problem

BA 2037 - scheduled to be operated by a 777 aircraft

All cabins are Wide Open

At this stage BA selling all fare buckets except the very lowest fare.

BA 2036 - scheduled to be operated by a 777 aircraft

Club - 17 seats unoccupied with 2 blocked
WTP - 22 seats unoccupied with 4 blocked
WT - Wide Open

At this stage BA selling the higher Club fares, only 2 full WTP fares and only the highest 3 fare buckets in WT. This suggests that the flight loads will be busier on the travel date so expect seat availability to change within the next 9 months.

Hope that helps
Old 11 Sep 21, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Excited about Disney

Thanks Stanleycamel 😁

I don't really understand how the fare buckets work, if they aren't selling the lowest fare buckets does this mean there could have been a better deal if we'd waited, or just that they are expecting to get the sales at a higher price so may or may not be available cheaper nearer the time depending on sales?

We booked when the price suddenly dipped by over Ł500 (for all 4 of us), had increased again the next day - was this because they released some lower bucket fares briefly or some other complicated algorithm reason? I suppose what I'm getting at is in the future with access to this type of bucket fare info is it possible to make a better educated decision on when to book to get the best price 😁
Old 11 Sep 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
VS 131 - scheduled to be operated by a A330-300 aircraft

UC - 6 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked
PE - 13 seats unoccupied with 7 blocked
EC - 48 seats unoccupied with 55 blocked

At this point in time as you suggest there are 4J class fares available - these are fully flexible fares and although I cannot explain why the Virgin agent told you there was only 1 seat for sale (at the time of the call that could have been the situation) but I do agree that an upgrade would be very unlikely but not impossible. For this particular date in UC the agent was correct it is very busy.

The LHR-BGI route for both VS and BA are, especially in the Premium cabins - BA offer both First and Club not just UC like VS, in such high demand at the moment that the airlines will wait to see if they can sell them first rather than offer them as an upgrade.

It is a case of wait and see I'm afraid and hope it works out for you.

Thanks Stanley, you’re a star. I’ll keep checking just in case 🤞
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Hi there, not a florida flight, but are you able to check availability on easy jet flights?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Hi there, not a florida flight, but are you able to check availability on easy jet flights?
No sorry can't do LCC's - Low Cost Carriers
Old 23 Sep 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi Stanley

Please, Would you be able to check VS0075 man to MCO on 4th December?

Thank you
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread