Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Solo travel - please help convince me

Hi everyone, I hope I've posted this in the right forum.

Covid and my mental health and lots of other little things has got me re-evaluating my leisure spending and time, and working out what is important to me and what I want.

One thing has been clear. I have a strong desire to see the world, I don't mean like a backpacker, but to take more frequent trips and visit different places, near and far.

My issue is I don't really have anyone to go with. My sister who I normally go to Disney with, and I am cruising with next year, is more reluctant to go away and leave our dog, and my friends have their own families so can't commit either.

I've never been away on my own. To be honest I've never done much on my own! Never eaten in a restaurant, been to the cinema... I can get the train by myself, have done that lots for work, and have also stayed away overnight on my own, again for work. But this feels different and more anxiety inducing.

I wondered if anyone would share there experience of solo travel/holidays or point me in the direction of some good info, books, trip reports etc. I hope in reading I can gain a better sense of what to expect and find the courage to book my first trip!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List