Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Oct 21, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
Yeah, the full section reads:

Cindy Friedman, the CDC's chief of the traveler’s health branch, said in a Tuesday press conference that unvaccinated children under 18 traveling with vaccinated adults will not need to quarantine but would still need to take a post-arrival test. That detail has yet to be laid out on the CDC’s website.

"We’re working on clarifying that in the Order," CDC spokesperson Caitlin Shockey told USA TODAY. "It should be up later this week."

Sort of maddening that after such a protracted closure/reopening process that they couldn’t have released it already ‘clarified’ but hey, we’ve pretty much got what we want so I won’t complain
So just a post arrival test. Much better
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

More info later in the week. I would hope by tomorow for you guys since the weekend is nearly here. twitter/SammualM/status/...171554816?s=20
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Thanks for the info and links to the USA Today article. It’s ridiculous. Hopefully the CDC won’t throw us any more curveballs.
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Do they have self test kits like the NHS ones in US? I see that they can be free in places like CVS? Also appreciate we need clarification first
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ghostmark2005 View Post
Do they have self test kits like the NHS ones in US? I see that they can be free in places like CVS? Also appreciate we need clarification first
I tried to look at the CVS site and for testing:

At home testing - antigen kits cost $23.99 + tax and come as packs of 2, can order them online for delivery to your accomodation but in all likelihood you can pick them up too.

In pharmacy testing needs advance booking for an appointment, there's also a matter of costs - the US say testing is free, costs covered by health insurance or federal assistance but for the latter you need to provide a social security number.

They need to clarify what their requirements are for testing (supervised/non supervised) and how you record the result to show that you have complied with the attestation.

If they don't ask for a supervised test and don't have a method to record your compliance then I can't see many folk dragging their kids around Orlando seeking out antigen tests, let's be honest.

Edited at 07:33 AM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Yes - hopefully will be cleared up today so we know what is actually needed and how to record it etc.

I’m still thinking of putting trip off for a few years as don’t know if I can cope with the anxiety of first few days. Nothing is simple.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
If you google what are the travel requirements for children into USA it says nothing about 3-5 days testing when there or quarantine, it says under 18s travelling with vaccinated adults are exempt.
Some people on here love to spread bad news even if it’s fake!
Happy planning to all those going soon. This was good news earlier in the week & should remain so for all of us even those of us with children!
Well said mate
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
Well said mate
The problem is, if you’re challenged by an official, replying ‘Google said’ when official US documents say something else isn’t going to cut it… All though I believe it will all be worked out (albeit with an expectation of arrival testing for unvaccinated children), at the moment parents have the right to be concerned.

Dismissing a potential problem is as bad as scaremongering, if not worse, as it’s better to be over prepared than under prepared…
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
Well said mate
The 3-5 days testing isn't fake. Its been confirmed by cdc
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
Except that's just 'simply' unfortunately not what it currently says...at all. The verbal and written advice are in conflict. Yes, noncitizen, nonimmigrant children who are not fully vaccinated are given an exception to travel to the US by air, therefore based on every current piece of written information, this should apply:

If that turns out to be wrong, and the confused sounding CDC official turns out to be right, fantastic! But until they update this, we simply don't know.
The "not" is highlighted. To me that means if youre double- jabbed theres no reason for you to read on
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List