Notices

Old 28 Oct 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Magic is Calling - November 2021 trip report - Short Version

So I know the full version of this is a little word heavy and if you are like me probably can’t be bothered to read through it all! I do love a trip report so I thought I would give the option to you all, the long version can be found here. Thank you to all that have read it! Or carry on with me for the short version with some nice pictures!

So a little introduction…

Me / Andy / Planner / chief annoyer / big kid
My wife / Mrs H / Eye roller / Loving wife

This will be our 4th time to Disney together, and you can read my September 2019 trip report here!

So like many of you we to have had various holidays cancelled and rebooked a number of times, this is in fact attempt number 4 and hopefully the last attempt! Here is a quick run down…

Attempt 1 - Booked for November 2019 – I hadn’t got very far with this version before covid put a stop to it, all I had booked was a night at Heathrow airport!
Attempt 2 - Booked flights with Virgin for March 2021, this was of course cancelled.
Attempt 3 - Had near everything booked for 6th November, Club World seats with BA, car hire, hotels, car parking. I was so sure this version was to go ahead, I would fall asleep at night thinking of where to eat and the experience on the plane. But no, this time the US government decided that they would open on the 8th just my luck! BA cancelled the flights once more, but as I booked this in their silly sale I didn’t want to let it go so easily so rebooked for October 2022.
Attempt 4 - When the US announced they would reopen early November, I knew that I would just miss out on my 3rd attempt, so as a plan B I booked Virgin using my points.

So what are the details I hear you cry!

We will be staying at the Staybridge Suites Heathrow Airport the night before, rate included breakfast, and worked out a similar cost to the Premier Inn once that was taken into account.

Then one of Virgin’s new A350’s will be whisking us away to Orlando, at the back of the plane unfortunately, but to be honest I’d happily sit in the hold if it meant we could go.

On arrival, Andy from DFCH has helped me book a good deal on a car with Budget, a small one, but as its just the 2 of us anything would do.

We will then be spending the next 11 nights at the Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista, It seems to be liked on here, free parking and no resort fees which is a miracle in these times. Hopefully the redevelopment won’t cause to much havoc around the area. I have booked our parks, a couple of ADR’s, and we have a nice spreadsheet of our plans!

We will then be flying to New York on the 24th November with United on one of their new planes, it does look quite fancy!

The next 3 nights and of course Thanksgiving will be spent at the Bryant Park Hotel, I have booked a park view room in the hope we get some kind of view of the parade, so fingers crossed my request is noted for a high floor. We do intend to head out early to the streets to get a half decent view, but its nice to know we have a back up in case of rain. Thanksgiving lunch is then booked at a local restaurant not far from the hotel.

On the 27th November we will be heading home in floods of tears, again at the back of one of Virgin’s planes.

So at the time of writing this we have around 2 weeks to go and can’t wait!

Edited at 05:41 PM.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
How fantastic, you must be so excited now! I completely agree about not actually caring where you are on the plane, the fact that you are on it is all that matters!

We love NYC and always pop to Wafels and Dinges (they do amazing liege waffles !) and ‘Bread’ Bakery (they do fantastic cinnamon rolls and olive bread) in Bryant Park. It’s a good quick and easy breakfast. I’m looking forward to following along.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

So exciting, sounds like a fantastic trip, have an amazing time
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Sounds fantastic will be following along.
Old 29 Oct 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
How fantastic, you must be so excited now! I completely agree about not actually caring where you are on the plane, the fact that you are on it is all that matters!

We love NYC and always pop to Wafels and Dinges (they do amazing liege waffles !) and ‘Bread’ Bakery (they do fantastic cinnamon rolls and olive bread) in Bryant Park. It’s a good quick and easy breakfast. I’m looking forward to following along.
Yes! I have had the waffles from them before they are amazing, although not what I planned originally I am super excited to be spending Thanksgiving in New York!

I will need to try Bread, sounds good!
Old 3 Nov 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Time for a little update...

I have changed our hotel in Florida, So good bye Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista, and I have now rebooked us into the...

Home2 Suites by Hilton Orlando/International Drive South. They are located next to the outlet mall, and opposite Cheesecake Factory (that could be dangerous!). Main reason for the change is we get breakfast included, still free parking and no resort fees. It being close to the outlets was a big draw also.

I have booked the Home2 Suites for the first 9 nights, then as a little surprise for my wife and that we love it so much I have manged to get us the last 2 nights at the Port Orleans Resort French Quarter. I love this resort so much, not to big, boats to Disney Springs, and of course the beignets!

Not long to go now!
Old 6 Nov 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Sounds fantastic, you must be getting really excited.
Old 6 Nov 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds perfect and what a lovely surprise for your wife staying at POFQ for the last 2 nights.
Old 6 Nov 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkle-Dolphin
Apprentice Imagineer

Can’t wait to read more
Old 8 Nov 21, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Ooh how exciting! Not long now 😁
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List