Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Nov 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

BA holidays - change connecting flight

Anyone have any experience of whether BA will let you change your domestic connection with a package?

We are booked to go to Gatwick via Glasgow but the flight is 6.45am. We are considering the possibility of going down the night before but there is only one flight a day to Gatwick. We could go Edin to Heathrow on an evening flight and then stay overnight at Gatwick, flying to MCO the next day at 11.30am.

Does this seem an awful lot of hassle!? Thinking it may help the jetlag if we don't have to get up at 3am for our Gatwick flight!

We've yet to check with BA if this is an option but just thought would see if anyone had done similar.

Thanks!
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Hey

Just go on to Manage my Booking and have a look at changing flights. I have done this today for my connecting flight from Heathrow back to Glasgow its straightforward and will give you the cost if any to do so.

I also changed my morning flight to Heathrow on way out a while back and no issues just paid small price difference and then get confirmation of new times.

Never done the airport change but suppose would be fairly hassle free when you just booking in to hotel overnight and would be nicer in morning rather than the usual 3am wake up call, though when i do mine in a few weeks I will be jumping out of bed

Edited at 03:46 PM.
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

You won't be able to make this change online yourself for a BA Holidays booking. It will be necessary to contact BAH.

To the original question, you'll get both points of view. Personally, I would stick with the early flight the same day rather than have the hassle of transferring from LHR to LGW if it is not necessary, plus an additional overnight. Others will prefer to be there the previous night, it's really a personal thing.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Sorry Peko right with BA package need to call them but I have done this many times with BA Holiday package and no issues. Always good to wait aswell to see if they change your flight time even a small amount as then can change flight for free. We have done this a few times over the years saving loads from a 2 airport connection to one for free as they changed our flight times.
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies. We'll find out the cost, if any, of changing flights and take it from there!

We've already priced up the Gatwick hotel and transfer costs, and for us it's worth it for not having the 3am wake up call! If BA are going to charge alot to change then we'll keep it as is 😊
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

Not sure where you are in Scotland OP , in the past few trips we started staying overnight at Holiday Inn at GLA saving a few hours before getting up for the early flight to GAT . Not so bad getting up early for the summer flights but awful come winter !
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FloRidaLvr View Post
Not sure where you are in Scotland OP , in the past few trips we started staying overnight at Holiday Inn at GLA saving a few hours before getting up for the early flight to GAT . Not so bad getting up early for the summer flights but awful come winter !
We're Edinburgh. We looked at staying Glasgow the night before but wouldn't really save us much time, maybe 30/45 mins, so we'd rather just sleep in our own beds for that small saving!
Old 8 Nov 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kathy2904
Earning More Ears

We managed to change our return flight connection via the live chat. Just kept trying for a live customer service rep I found it was easier in the evening. Hope this helps you
Kathy2904 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I’d think so. I changed my dates and return flights with BA for our October holiday that was cancelled.

They changed the flight times for Feb and I managed to change my connection to the night before still to Heathrow. We are a 7.30 Edinburgh flight and staying at premier inn terminal 5.

I called BA last night about 5.30 and got through after 20 minutes on hold as I wanted to change my hotel for Feb.

I’d certainly ask.
Old 9 Nov 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
winner3131
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I’m going to have to try getting through to the call centre myself. Had an email this morning that our return flight times as part of our package have changed. Wouldn’t be an issue apart from the fact we now leave Dallas (where we’re connecting) before we arrive and they’ve not changed the connecting flight. Maybe they’ve invented a time machine! Giving it a couple of days in the hope its been flagged on the system and they’ll change it for us.
winner3131 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List