Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Thanks all xx
I have a few days in London booked in a couple of weeks. I am not as excited as I would have been pre-Covid but I am not anxious about it and I know I will enjoy it. I feel comfortable with it because I travel to London quite a bit so its really familiar to me. I have got some lovely restaurants booked and plan to do a bit of Christmas shopping and plenty drinking of cocktails.
Our all time fav place to go in London, after Covent Garden, is Liberty then a mooch up Carnaby Street.

Enjoy yourself

Disney332
Old 12 Nov 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am the opposite, I am chomping at the bit to get back there. We just came back from 2 weeks in Ibiza and if I had the holiday and the money I would book another holiday tomorrow.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wearing a mask on the plane and in the airport has really changed how I feel about travelling. We are going to Crete next year which is a trial holiday to see if we can venture further. All the testing, mask wearing is just a added stress and if any of us actually test positive I’d have a nervous breakdown!

Edited at 11:28 AM.
Sandra & co is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s slowly come to dawn on me over the past weeks/months that I have absolutely no interest in traveling anymore.
I have a big birthday coming up in the next few weeks and our plan was to go to California next year as a birthday trip.
As time has gone on I have begun to dread the thought of going abroad more and more.
It’s so weird as pre Covid I always had a holiday booked or planned. I just don’t know what has flicked that switch in me.
Am I even allowed to post on here anymore?🙈😂
Thing is my lovely, you have to celebrate your big 60th, it's such a milestone 🤭😂Xx
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Wearing a mask on the plane and in the airport has really changed how I feel about travelling. We are going to Crete next year which is a trial holiday to see if we can venture further. All the testing, mask wearing is just a added stress and if any of us actually test positive I’d have a nervous breakdown!
DH and I don’t do well in masks, him because of asthma and me because it makes me overheat . But to be honest, I barely even noticed it when I was on the plane last week, only a short flight I know, but I think wearing one whilst sitting still is easier than wearing one out and about.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Thing is my lovely, you have to celebrate your big 60th, it's such a milestone 🤭😂Xx
I've just had to type and delete my reply to that!
Everyone knows that I will be turning 40...
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

It's weird isn't it. I've yet to book our planned trip to Florida next October. I'm finding it hard to feel excited though. It's not even the testing and masks that bother me.
We enjoyed our trip to Dubrovnik a few weeks ago but we've enjoyed our UK trips the last couple of years just as much
I'm more excited about the thought of getting a puppy soon, and planning dog friendly trips. The reason we've left getting a dog the last few years is we liked our trips abroad.. But now I'm thinking I'm not too bothered if we don't do as many now
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 06:40 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

It’s slowly come to dawn on me over the past weeks/months that I have absolutely no interest in traveling anymore.
I have a big birthday coming up in the next few weeks and our plan was to go to California next year as a birthday trip.
As time has gone on I have begun to dread the thought of going abroad more and more.
It’s so weird as pre Covid I always had a holiday booked or planned. I just don’t know what has flicked that switch in me.
Am I even allowed to post on here anymore?🙈😂
Awww MP I’m so sorry you feel like this ❤️
Maybe next year you might change how you feel
I can’t wait to get away although I’m not looking forward to pre travel testing & the mask on planes, but as soon as my Hubbie does his ESTA I’m rebooking Boston & Chicago, nothing is going to keep me away from the Cheesecake Factory
I’m sure you’ll have a fabulous Birthday whatever you do 🎂💕💕

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We did a two week Mediterranean cruise starting on 22/10 (no flights) and we did begin to wonder if all the faff of plf’s, tests and restrictions was worth it - but we had a ball, just the tonic we needed that’s given us the zest for travel again. So we now have five cruises booked including Norway’s North Cape, Caribbean and South Pacific.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Oh MM you got her age wrong obviously you thought MP was your age

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List