Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 4 Nov 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

For those with older teenagers, what are you putting in their Christmas Eve box?
I am literally stumped this year apart from chocolate 😬😬
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
For those with older teenagers, what are you putting in their Christmas Eve box?
Girls are easier than boys I think but some ideas
Girls: notebook, pens, sticky notes, hand warmers, hot chocolate sachet, face masks or bath bombs
Boys: hot chocolate sachet, socks, small Lego or craft making kit suitable for boys, body wash, popcorn
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
For my oldest, who is 26, I put in lounge pants, socks, Christmas beer, mince pies and hot chocolate with a mug. In my youngest ds13, he gets, Christmas pyjamas, socks, coke bottle, mince pies, hot chocolate and a mug and a pre prepared Kilner jar with the ingredients for making a few cookies to eat later in the day. I had a little chuckle at your opening post about giving out the Christmas pj’s early to get use out of them, mine wear them all year long!

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I haven’t read all of the posts, but when did more presents on Xmas Eve become a thing? I know I’m ancient but most of the presents I’ve seen mentioned are what I’d buy as Xmas day gifts, is it an American thing we’ve taken on over here?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
I haven’t read all of the posts, but when did more presents on Xmas Eve become a thing? I know I’m ancient but most of the presents I’ve seen mentioned are what I’d buy as Xmas day gifts, is it an American thing we’ve taken on over here?
I’m a dinosaur but I have always given a Christmas Eve gift to our children, and my parents also used to give me and my sister a Christmas Eve gift too (so I’m going back to the late 60’s)

We used to receive a small gift like a colouring book and pens or a book or a cheap board game. My children, when young, had similar to what I had. Now they are older they get a small parcel with chocolate, shower gel, fluffy socks or similar. The idea in our family has been to occupy the children a little on Christmas Eve when they are overexcited

I do think a lot of families give larger gifts than we do, and it’s often pjs, slippers and other gifts, which I prefer to keep for Christmas Day too (maybe I’m just tight 😂 )
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s been a thing for years. An increase on getting new PJ’s before bed on Xmas eve. What you decide to include is entirely up to you and just like any present you opt to buy for your kids or family/friends it will perhaps differ widely from someone else’s idea of suitable.
Old 13 Nov 21, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

It's actually a European thing. In some European countries christmas eve was more important and it was celebrated more. My Grandad was polish so we always had the tradition of opening small gifts for each other on christmas eve and we had family gatherings on christmas eve. Now I have my own family, I like to do a shared christmas eve crate with all our christmas goodies in, so instead of them getting christmas day, we start on the snacks christmas eve and get all cosy with the hot chocolate I put in there. I always put in there a cheap christmas themed colouring book which again, I would usually put in a stocking but we have it on christmas eve in the morning so we actually get time to do it together. It all just adds to the fun for us and makes another christmas day magical. We are also having a small gathering with in laws this year for the first time but with small novelty type gifts - our rule this year is that the gifts have to all be £1 or under as a challenge.

Edited at 03:25 AM.
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Xmas eve boxes have become a lot more popular along with Xmas elves but people take on them varies greatly.
I’ve always done one since my eldest was little and For us the Xmas eve box used to contain all the bits for Santa a Xmas themed baking kit(something to leave for santa) a craft kit(something to keep the kids busy) something for bath time & xmas book for bedtime. As they got older the contents changed a bit we moved to movie night over bedtime stories so a Xmas movie popcorn & hot chocolate etc. Now we skip the dvd and pick something off a streaming channel instead.

This year so far I have movie night snacks, new board game & a small pack of crackers might add some of the Santa bits if ds still wants to do them

I also used to put thank you notes in
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by All-smiles View Post
It's actually a European thing. In some European countries christmas eve was more important and it was celebrated more. My Grandad was polish so we always had the tradition of opening small gifts for each other on christmas eve and we had family gatherings on christmas eve. Now I have my own family, I like to do a shared christmas eve crate with all our christmas goodies in, so instead of them getting christmas day, we start on the snacks christmas eve and get all cosy with the hot chocolate I put in there. I always put in there a cheap christmas themed colouring book which again, I would usually put in a stocking but we have it on christmas eve in the morning so we actually get time to do it together. It all just adds to the fun for us and makes another christmas day magical. We are also having a small gathering with in laws this year for the first time but with small novelty type gifts - our rule this year is that the gifts have to all be £1 or under as a challenge.
Exactly this - I have a Swedish upbringing and like all of Scandinavia and several other European countries, in Sweden Christmas is celebrated on Christmas Eve. in the evening, Father Christmas comes to your house to hand out gifts. (Coincidentially a grownup - normally dad or grandad - have always left the house to mail a very important letter just before father christmas arrives…. I was amazed how many times my father missed him !)

We now keep a little bit of this tradition and leave a small sack with pj’s, books, chocolate on Christmas eve for the kids.
Old 13 Nov 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

This year I feel like it’s something I wish I hadn’t started 🙈😂🙈
I was 40 when I had Mason with my other two a lot older, it was a massive change for us as a family unit so we decided to make some new, exciting traditions for Christmas; Elf on the shelf and the Christmas Eve box. My aunt made us a Christmas eve crate and hand painted it so its very special and Mason talks about it often. He is more interested in Buddy the elf and the Christmas eve box than anything 🙈
Ours is quite a big crate and I am quite honestly tight so I like the children to get good use of things 😉
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List