Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Nov 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

2 x Virgin Atlantic Credit Card Reward Vouchers…This work?

I have managed to accrue 2 x Virgin Atlantic Credit Card Reward Vouchers.

My understanding is I can choose between a Companion or Upgrade reward.

I am Red level and currently have circa 113,000 points.

We are off to Tokyo next May by using other points I had that got us First and Business seats on ANA.

However am not sure that Japan will reopen by then so am looking at a backup plan for October / November trip to Tokyo, and looking to grab another First reward seat as soon as I can / they become available. I can always cancel and get refund of it turns out not to be needed. Also my partner turns 50 in September so may do this trip later in year, anyway - am still pondering !

To maximise my chances of getting these reward seats on ANA I want to look at airports that ANA fly from, with First seats.

One being NYC - which finally brings me to these vouchers!

We are both tall and if we flew to NYC to catch these ANA flights would want to fly Virgin PE or perhaps even Upper.

Am reading Virgin reward seats are hard to find at the moment - but have never used the vouchers before and no real idea how much you can save.

Thoughts on likelihood of being able to use these vouchers in about a years time and what they could be “worth”?

Edited at 11:25 AM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I can certainly help with availability to NYC using miles/points as it's a route I'm checking a lot as we plot out a Summer 2022 trip.

Whilst searching for 3 or 4 seats I see availability in both PE and Upper in both directions on pretty much every day throughout August next year.

Given the number of flights between LHR and NYC, I would think this is always going to be the "easiest" route to use points and vouchers on.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Thanks!

Is August as far forward as you can see currently?

We can fly from either Edinburgh / Manchester or Heathrow - maximum chances lol
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Thanks!

Is August as far forward as you can see currently?

We can fly from either Edinburgh / Manchester or Heathrow - maximum chances lol
virgin book to 330 days - I can see full availability up to October 18th, the latest bookable date right now...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Young Pooh
Apprentice Imagineer

We did a similar thing for next August. I had 3 reward vouchers available due to VA extending them during covid.

We are going to Florida but there was little or no Upper reward availability so we used miles to get 2 PE returns LHR-JFK plus a third cash PE return, then used the vouchers to upgrade each flight to Upper.

We will now spend 5 nights in New York before using JetBlue to fly down to Orlando. Our return flight is 9pm so that gives us plenty of time to fly back up to JFK for the return.

Young Pooh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

How do you use them, can you do it online or do you have to call them?

Can I look to see availability to use them online then, but call them to actually use - whats the best way?

Finally, any way to see then via flying Club web page or the Virgin app?
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Virginatlantic.com

Check flexible dates and choose points instead of money

If using vouchers you need to ring as there's no option to apply voucher to online booking - I've not found one anyway!

Good luck!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Virginatlantic.com

Check flexible dates and choose points instead of money

If using vouchers you need to ring as there's no option to apply voucher to online booking - I've not found one anyway!

Good luck!
I think this is right. I called on Friday to use two vouchers. I had researched myself using the ‘points’ option as suggested above, but the staff member I spoke to was incredibly helpful. I gave her my dates and she went through all of my options, including different classes and what was available +/- 3 days. She also calculated the price of the different options in terms of cash and points. Found the service excellent - I’m sure you will be looked after!

P.S. we are flying August and there was more availability than I expected.
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

I called them up this morning and spoke to the lovely Leah who walked me through how to use, and how to look for availability on line - just a pity you have to call them up to find out final cost and actually book!

However, now armed with the knowledge I can look into things