Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Dec 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Chemo treatment question

I'm 9 months since my last chemo treatment. During chemotherapy I had awful joint pains, perfectly normal as such. I'm still getting really bad pains in my ankles. Return to oncologist in January I just wondered if anyone experienced the Same
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I've pretty much had joint pain since my chemo finished and that's 13 years ago now,I think it's to blame for quite a lot of stuff really.☹️
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
I've pretty much had joint pain since my chemo finished and that's 13 years ago now,I think it's to blame for quite a lot of stuff really.☹️
That's what I thought. It's hard isn't it.. you are scared to just say oh it's the chemo/ cancer in case it's something else.

I've got GP appointment Thursday as I've got a pain in my armpit. It's probably nothing and TBH pre treatment I'd have ignored it now I'm more sensitive to these things

X
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
That's what I thought. It's hard isn't it.. you are scared to just say oh it's the chemo/ cancer in case it's something else.

I've got GP appointment Thursday as I've got a pain in my armpit. It's probably nothing and TBH pre treatment I'd have ignored it now I'm more sensitive to these things

X
Yes,you think when it's finished that you're done,but the hard part is living with trying not to think every niggle you have is cancer again,best to get checked though(says me who avoids Doctors like the plague)
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Yes,you think when it's finished that you're done,but the hard part is living with trying not to think every niggle you have is cancer again,best to get checked though(says me who avoids Doctors like the plague)
I agree it’s difficult. I have been lucky and don’t have any lingering joint pain but I do worry when I get anything unusual. I had a lot of symptoms a few years ago and when I eventually went to the doctor I was fast tracked for blood tests etc. and the doctor phoned me to ask me in the next day. Well that was it I had a sleepless night and had convinced myself it was cancer again.

Turns out it was an overactive thyroid and they were worried I was having what they call a thyroid storm. I found out later this is bad also but I was so relieved I burst into tears which is not me at all normally. (Thyroid got sorted no bother with medication).

No point saying not to worry Tinkerbell but hope the doctor reassures you.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Possibly some of your medication causing it Tinkerbell.
I know that it was not breast cancer you had but several ladies I know who had BC are on tamoxifen or letrozole and they have sore joints and pains.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I'm 9 months since my last chemo treatment. During chemotherapy I had awful joint pains, perfectly normal as such. I'm still getting really bad pains in my ankles. Return to oncologist in January I just wondered if anyone experienced the Same
Hiya T, I was diagnosed with my 4th cancer in July 2020 [3rd breastie] and had major issues that saw me repeatedly admitted to hospital. My bone aches/pain kicked off after my first Zoletronic Acid infusion, and, hello, back into hospital 8 hours later. I was done by now and refused further ZA infusions [one every 6 months for 3 years]. Bone pain in my right thumb [ZA infusion given at the base of that thumb] was terrible, if I caught it, it was out of action for hours. My GP gave me a body steroid injection a couple of weeks afore we left for Bokeelia on the 12th Nov which has helped significantly but I still have to take good care with my thumb as minor pain persists.

Are you having ZA? Stay well hin, take good care
Old 4 Dec 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyofboys
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I finished chemo 2 years ago and some other active treatment earlier this year. I still have joint pain in my hips and ankles.some if it is down to the hormone reatment I'm still having but it gets me down quite regularly. im a 35 year old in what feels like an 100 year old body!
mummyofboys is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya T, I was diagnosed with my 4th cancer in July 2020 [3rd breastie] and had major issues that saw me repeatedly admitted to hospital. My bone aches/pain kicked off after my first Zoletronic Acid infusion, and, hello, back into hospital 8 hours later. I was done by now and refused further ZA infusions [one every 6 months for 3 years]. Bone pain in my right thumb [ZA infusion given at the base of that thumb] was terrible, if I caught it, it was out of action for hours. My GP gave me a body steroid injection a couple of weeks afore we left for Bokeelia on the 12th Nov which has helped significantly but I still have to take good care with my thumb as minor pain persists.

Are you having ZA? Stay well hin, take good care
Hi

I'm not on any cancer treatment at the moment, as they don't know where the primary source is and my last scan was ok. My bloods on the other hand show various cancer markers... Which is why prognosis is not good but living three months to three months..cancer the gift that keeps giving.

Oncologist days as soon as the scan shows anything it's either back to chemo or what ever treatment is best depending what scan days

Cancer unknown primary is so difficult to explain to people they presume your Dr is useless but 3/4% of all cancers the primary source is never discovered
Old 4 Dec 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DD is 9 and half years out of chemo but still complains of aching, mostly in her ankles(she was on Vincristine and carboplatin but also had Cisplatin and Cyclophosphamide). I do wonder on the long term side effects of such awful treatment.