Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Dec 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
We are going in January. At the moment the most difficult part seems to be getting a test here in Scotland on the 2nd January.
Breathed Assured ?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

No hun
I am off to USA tomoz for 86 days
BUT ….. I travelled a few times to Spain when test to return was required
Just take it on the chin
Comply
And enjoy fabulous USA x
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Dam Health have appointments in the clinic at St Enoch centre for the second results by midnight if that’s any help disneypars
I had a day 2 PCR yesterday at 2/40pm result negative result at 7pm by tex

Edited at 01:16 PM.
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

We are due to go out on the 27th December and are relatively lucky as everything can be cancelled up to 24 hours notice, with Avios flights and DVC (although may lose DVC points).
Trying to weigh up the pros and cons but one of our major concerns is just how busy Disney will be in the days after Xmas and therefore how much greater risk there is in coming in to contact with people and the increased risk of testing positive and not being able to return as planned. I guess if it was a beach holiday where contact can be limited I would be more confident that the return test would be negative.

Lots still to weigh up!
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Fly on 20th- packed yesterday-
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
There’s no strict rule, this is the USA, not Europe / UK, they think about such things very differently. They expect you to isolate. Best bet would rent an Air BnB, preferably with a private pool for extra R and R. That’s what I’d do. Get groceries delivered on Instacart.
This exactly what we have said , we are here now and whilst I’m angry at the changes and extra costs we are having a great time ! I can understand peoples apprehension that have still to travel but honestly just go for it ! Life is for living we have all done enough hiding away and you will have a fantastic time when you get here 💗💗
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am due to travel next month to LA. I have thought it all through and can cope with extra tests and paying for extra accommodation if we get a positive test result. My remaining worry is about finding that accommodation whilst testing positive and if that would cause a problem.
I am due to fly at the end of January to LA from Ireland. Ireland have the same test before arrival requirement.

If I don't get a negative result and have to stay in LA, I plan to book into a motel, and get food delivery's, both from a grocery shop and from take away places . I have stayed in motels before in LA and I know which ones have a microwave and fridge. This morning I have been checking prices for motels I have previously stayed at and most likely I will book one with a 24 hour no charge cancellation policy, just so that I can lock in the price.

I will be able to work during this extra week and I have the money to pay for this extra week in LA if I have to. Staying in a motel means I will be able to go outside but still make sure I am isolating and I can make sure that food deliveries are left outside my door so that I don't have contact with the delivery person.

I know I am in a very lucky position to be able to have this contingency plan, I am a solo traveler and as long as I have my laptop and internet access I can work from anywhere, in any timezone.

These types of contingency plans are not viable for most people but this is how travel will be for the next while.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jstephens View Post
I'm scared to start packing keep thinking I'm going to jinx something! Its crazy!
I was exactly the same but when we got our negative tests I was in a blind panic trying to get things done and really wished I had just packed as normal 😂💗😂
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
This exactly what we have said , we are here now and whilst I’m angry at the changes and extra costs we are having a great time ! I can understand peoples apprehension that have still to travel but honestly just go for it ! Life is for living we have all done enough hiding away and you will have a fantastic time when you get here 💗💗
I remember last year and this the government telling us it was very risky to be travelling in a pandemic. It had risk they said. Matt Hancock said similar.

We, to my shame, were eventually scared off. Listened to the doubt planted in our head by Hancock et al.

I know Hancock then went away abroad with his girlfriend at least twice. And Raab was living it up in an all inclusive as the Taliban overran Afghanistan. Gove, he went to the Champions League, boozing with fans.

Once bitten twice shy for us, we will be going now. We won’t be scared off or listening to similar.

Bit like Christmas- I remember being locked down then, Boris was having bloody Christmas parties! Who will comply with further similar demands now? With luck we won’t be here.

Edited at 01:51 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RAS
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
We're still going. December 15th to LA to spend Christmas with our children and grandxhildren. We're ordering fit to fly tests from Chronomics, £17 with BA discount, and taking them with. If there's any more changes while we're there, and the tests won't be appropriate, we'll buy the tests out there. We were in LA in the summer, the rules were a pre departure test then as well. We paid about $100 for tests at the mall, we're trying to avoid that exspense this time.

I realise it's an easier decision for us, we're retired and if we test positive, we'll isolate at our son's house. I just want to get on the plane on the 15th, the worry of testing positive before we fly is keeping me awake at night.
Sue x
Bestbubba,
Only £17 tests (after BA discount) that I see on Chronomics website aren't supervised so not suitable pre-departure to USA or are you only using these for the Return leg but something else for departure leg?
RAS is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List