Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Dec 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hvasey View Post
For the Police and SS I agree with you, a shameful neglect of care and process.
For GP’s and School though - You have to remember that it was going on under lockdown, a completely alien time for most, he was totally isolated and it happened quite quickly, 10/11 weeks from when they moved from grandparents house to Tustin’s, Did School even know? GPs and Arthur’s Uncle thought they’d done the ‘right’ thing by reporting, they were failed by the system too and they will have to carry the guilt of not doing more forever.
Social workers should Never leave a house without careful observation and speaking to a child alone with proper investagative questioning.
i have to say that as a police officer I would have no hesitation in taking a child into protective custody and would be able to stand by my decisions. But then ive been in 20 years and am in my 50s and dont take Sh!t from anyone!
I think the decision making has been eroded from younger officers and often their decisions are not backed up by management.
Now thats not an excuse but I would know what to look for and what I thought was acceptable or not situation for a child to be in.
Lots of younger officers have had that discretion taken away from them and would think that putting a referral into Social Services would be enough.(which in normal times would be enough)
I have been to houses that have dog poop everywhere, where the kids look malnourished etc but they already have a social work assistant working with the family.
I have worked with social workers who say situations that I would PP a child (police protection) is an acceptable living condition.
I have also worked with social workers who go to then enth degree to get children removed - but its a long and difficult process and they have to have the backing from their seniors - who may not always see things the same way.

Its very difficult situation all round. I get that the GP did report it - the GP should never have left that child with the family. They have the training to know better - family members dont.

I think for me its the videos that make it hard - and that the little lad was old enough to know what was going. Seeing a video of something is far more impactive than just hearing about it.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I agree they should hang for what they’ve done, I would dearly love them to be got at in prison unfortunately they’ll probably have it cushy all at the expense of the tax payer
Also a life sentence should mean just that
This is where I’m with the US when they do 99 years or so 💪
Totally agree, life should mean life - they took the life of an innocent child so they should never see the light of day. But what gets on my wick is the taxpayer paying to keep these monsters in prison, one injection and they are no more, no cost and no chance to possibly be released. The same with anyone who commits hurts or abuses any child. If a dog attacked and killed a child they would be put down - a danger to society, well in my view these monsters are exactly the same. I also believe in some circumstances they should never be able to have children again, that right should also be taken away, I know not a popular view but they should not be allowed to have another child. The amount of children hurt/abused/murdered by caregivers is shocking so the law needs to change and whilst we can wish capital punishment was an option in the meantime a there needs to be a drastic change - not the old "Lessons will be learnt".
Cannot believe family members were stopped from going to the house, sorry but I would have gone and got him and dealt with the consequences later.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by orlando10 View Post
Cannot believe family members were stopped from going to the house, sorry but I would have gone and got him and dealt with the consequences later.
There are too many excuses from too many people in this case. If the family had been threatened with being arrested for breaking lockdown rules they should have gone to the house to remove the child and rang the police begging to be arrested. It would have at least got the police to the house to see what was happening !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

Terrible, terrible case and I can’t even imagine what the poor boy went through before his death.

I don’t agree with other sentiments that we should have the death penalty for offenders like this. Of course they should be punished and if not deemed safe the girlfriend who was found guilty of murder may never be released. I feel very uncomfortable in suggesting people should swing after such an emotional case as could lead to some very bad injustice like the murder of Lesley Moleseed where there was such a rush to get some one they swept up basically the local ‘oddball’ (and hid some evidence that he couldn’t be guilty). The guy who was guilty got away with it for many years, so let’s not rush to things based on emotion as could lead to some very unfortunate results.

Also if you look at the US it actually costs a lot more to kill people than it does to lock them away for ever (mainly due to the legal costs as you kind of want to be sure they really did it).

More needs to be done to identify and stop these cases and is shocking they got away with anything like it for so long.
annachief is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
I don’t know if this has been posted . This case has been dreadful and really hit me . I admit I’ve shed tears over this .
Rip Arthur. You were loved by more people than you will ever know . xx

It also affected me, I cant ever imagine having to be a juror on a case like this, absolutely horrific.
Old 6 Dec 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've had several sleepless nights where suddenly this little boy pops into my head. The sound of him saying your supposed to love me...will haunt me.

Just want to sweep him up and love him , then take a lead pipe to those two animals
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
then take a lead pipe to those two animals
I really wouldn't elevate those two things to the status of an animal.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
I really don’t understand why they had CCTV inside the home.
This hasn’t been found out throughout this case.

There was so much evidence against them, with video and text messages etc, there was no way they were ever going to get away with it.
I actually do wonder if they were filming it to post online for other sickos to watch.
Old 6 Dec 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by annachief View Post
I don’t agree with other sentiments that we should have the death penalty for offenders like this. Of course they should be punished and if not deemed safe the girlfriend who was found guilty of murder may never be released. I feel very uncomfortable in suggesting people should swing after such an emotional case as could lead to some very bad injustice like the murder of Lesley Moleseed where there was such a rush to get some one they swept up basically the local ‘oddball’ (and hid some evidence that he couldn’t be guilty). The guy who was guilty got away with it for many years, so let’s not rush to things based on emotion as could lead to some very unfortunate results.
These scumbags need to suffer for every day that they are on earth. Like Annachief I do not believe in the death sentence taking away someone’s life makes the state a murderer. Of course if it were out family or in cases like this, Huntley Ian Brady etc we get emotive having people decide laws and punishments when in an emotive state is not a good idea and luckily one that is not done in this country.

The death sentence is also not a deterrent look at the US.

For crimes like this I also don’t believe rehabilitation should be an option. I could not care less if this evil bitch found God and bakes cookies for the girl guides I want her punished, I want her bored @@@@less every single day for the rest of her life knowing she will never be released. People harp on about rehabilitation but this is to the advantage of the criminal and not the punishment of them. I don’t want this two releases at 60 even if they are model prisoners they need a whole life term which hopefully now e have left the EU we can issue again.

Edited at 02:34 PM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
These scumbags need to suffer for every day that they are on earth. Like Annachief I do not believe in the death sentence taking away someone’s life makes the state a murderer. Of course if it were out family or in cases like this, Huntley Ian Brady etc we get emotive having people decide laws and punishments when in an emotive state is not a good idea and luckily one that is not done in this country.

The death sentence is also not a deterrent look at the US.

For crimes like this I also don’t believe rehabilitation should be an option. I could not care less if this evil bitch found God and bakes cookies for the girl guides I want her punished, I want her bored @@@@less every single day for the rest of her life knowing she will never be released. People harp on about rehabilitation but this is to the advantage of the criminal and not the punishment of them. I don’t want this two releases at 60 even if they are model prisoners they need a whole life term which hopefully now e have left the EU we can issue again.
Membership of the EU did not prevent the issue of whole of life terms in the UK, indeed many were issued during the UK's membership.
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List