Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Dec 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
howed
Swimming at the All Star Resort

howed's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
What to Pack?

First time in California over Christmas.

What is the weather like?

Any packing tips?
howed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 03:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Hi, I live in southern California and we have been getting a mix of weather recently. We had very warm days in the 80's about a week ago, and now things are cooling down this week and we are even expecting some rain over the next couple of days. This is typical for December, you will get a mix of cool and warm and maybe a little rain. Days are usually in the 60's-70's (so on the mild side), and evenings can get chilly and in the 40's-50's overnight. We can get some pretty warm days still in the 80's, but that doesn't last long if it happens. People here are mostly wearing jeans but a lot are still in shorts, too, so it wouldn't hurt to pack some of those. For the evenings, plan on bringing hoodies or warm sweaters (jumpers)...and a long-sleeve shirt or two. The weather runs the gamut, so prepare for a little bit of everything.

This is what December in southern CA is like, but if you are going to northern CA (like San Francisco) expect much cooler temps there. Enjoy your visit to Cali!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
howed

howed's Reviews
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Hi, I live in southern California and we have been getting a mix of weather recently. We had very warm days in the 80's about a week ago, and now things are cooling down this week and we are even expecting some rain over the next couple of days. This is typical for December, you will get a mix of cool and warm and maybe a little rain. Days are usually in the 60's-70's (so on the mild side), and evenings can get chilly and in the 40's-50's overnight. We can get some pretty warm days still in the 80's, but that doesn't last long if it happens. People here are mostly wearing jeans but a lot are still in shorts, too, so it wouldn't hurt to pack some of those. For the evenings, plan on bringing hoodies or warm sweaters (jumpers)...and a long-sleeve shirt or two. The weather runs the gamut, so prepare for a little bit of everything.

This is what December in southern CA is like, but if you are going to northern CA (like San Francisco) expect much cooler temps there. Enjoy your visit to Cali!
Thanks so much for this reply! It is really useful. We are staying in the LA/Anaheim area so glad to hear the weather is more mild there. We will pack a mixture I think and things to layer if it get chilly. We can always make some spirit jersey purchases if necessary
howed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When we were doing a road trip over christmas it was a mix, grand canyon, sedona was jeans and fleece. LA was shorts, t-shirts and hoodie, some evenings, jeans or long trousers, we were lucky we didn't have any rain. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Christmas NYE 2019/20 was incredibly wet at times (especial days in run-in up to Christmas and Boxing Day in LA) then loads of snow closing some of the passes into Palm Springs. The year before we had loads of snow around Victorville but it was warm (shorts and TShirts ) in Palm Springs and Laguna. So basically I pack for all weathers like I am doing for this year - from winter coats to T-shirts and shorts but defiantly rain gear. The Ariel Tramway is worth a visit as there will be snow (maybe loads) up there then get down to Palm Springs for temperatures between late 60's to mid 80's on same day. I adore that feeling
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by howed View Post
We will pack a mixture I think and things to layer if it get chilly. We can always make some spirit jersey purchases if necessary
Perfect plan! 😊👍 I like the way you think regarding those jerseys 😉

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Genie, Genie+ and Individual Attraction Lightning Lane Passes with start on Wednesday December 8. I have created a superthread all you need to know about Genie thread in the sticky section https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1209781
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

We're going next week to spend Christmas with our family in southern CA. They gave us the same advice, layers and a jacket for the evening. Our son video called us as he was walking the dog yesterday, lunch time over there, the sky was very grey and cloudy... we told him we dont want any of that, we've enough at home.

We're taking 2 cases, one already packed... Christmas presents, Disney tree decs (coals to Newcastle comes to mind but these aren't any ordinary decorarions, these are PRIMARK decorations&#128521 chocolate Santas and selection boxes for the grandkids, 2 boxes of Christmas crackers (checked with BA, ok in original packaging and in checked bags) xmas pud, Birds custard, Paxo stuffing, 3 doggie xmas stockings, 2 tins of Heroes, mince pies, just looking for the partridge in the pear tree... DH says if we're stopped at customs he's leaving me to it 🙄
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
howed

howed's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
We're going next week to spend Christmas with our family in southern CA. They gave us the same advice, layers and a jacket for the evening. Our son video called us as he was walking the dog yesterday, lunch time over there, the sky was very grey and cloudy... we told him we dont want any of that, we've enough at home.

We're taking 2 cases, one already packed... Christmas presents, Disney tree decs (coals to Newcastle comes to mind but these aren't any ordinary decorarions, these are PRIMARK decorations&#128521 chocolate Santas and selection boxes for the grandkids, 2 boxes of Christmas crackers (checked with BA, ok in original packaging and in checked bags) xmas pud, Birds custard, Paxo stuffing, 3 doggie xmas stockings, 2 tins of Heroes, mince pies, just looking for the partridge in the pear tree... DH says if we're stopped at customs he's leaving me to it 🙄
Sue x
If you aren't stopped at customs then it sounds like your CA family are in for some real treats safe travels
Old 10 Dec 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by howed View Post
If you aren't stopped at customs then it sounds like your CA family are in for some real treats safe travels
Fingers crossed It looks like you're travelling a few days after us, have a great trip.
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List