Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 7 Dec 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Haven

Thinking of booking a Haven break next year. Oh how we holiday has changed, with all the travel restrictions and now we have a toddler!

Does anyone have any park recommendations? I'm looking at Seashore in Great Yarmouth? We live in Northampton so there are several a similar distance from us. Looking for the best one with a toddler for on site amenities and local area things to do. This summer we took him a Cornwall to a holiday park we've previously loved, but found it lacking in facilities for small people so looking for somewhere with loads to do and evening entertainment etc.

Also when searching for prices there is a big difference between the saver, bronze and silver caravans. Is it worth upgrading? Are the saver ones fine or are they a bit grim?

Thank you for any wisdom!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

May be a bit further than you wanted, but we went to Weymouth Bay this summer. But like you, not somewhere I would have previously considered before kids and a pandemic, but we had a lovely time! The kids loved the pool and all the kids activities (they had some in the daytimes and every evening) so we were happy as they were. Also lots to do in and around Weymouth and you can walk to the beach.

We rented privately so can’t comment on the caravans, but would recommend the site - you can also use sea view sites (10mins walk away)facilities (we didn’t) if you want a change of scenery.

Good luck finding what you want, we’re hoping to go abroad again next year, but looking for similar with guaranteed sun!
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We used to do a lot of these types of holidays when our children were little and always had a great time. Can't help on park recommendations, but like eLaura, we normally rented a privately owned unit. They're cheaper and generally of a higher standard, plus have a lot more homely touches and useful supplies. You can also choose the exact unit and location as you'll see photos of it in the advert. Park passes are normally extra, but even factoring that in we always saved money. Double glazing and central heating were always a must have for us as some just have little air blow heaters in the bedroom and only a gas fire in the living room. Some of the private ones we rented even had washer/dryers which was handy.

If going for a Haven owned van, then I'd always upgrade to the highest level you can afford. The cheaper units are often smaller and more basic, with many only being 10ft wide, rather than 12ft wide. We stayed in a 10ft one once, and just found it a bit claustrophobic.

I hope that might help a bit

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We’ve rented through haven. We normally have bronze as it’s always a budget break. They are ‘ok’. We had a gold once once as I had some Vouchers. It was significantly better and the central heating was definitely appreciated in October half term.
But we book caravans for a cheap break so I won’t generally pay the price for the upgrade
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
UK-KIRK
Excited about Disney

UK-KIRK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We've been to Haven several times in the last few years. We've stayed at Perran Sands, Perranporth in Cornwall, Devon Cliffs and Rockley Park, Poole Dorset. All were lovely, we stayed in a Platnium Caravan with decking as we like to sit outside to eat, weather permitting. Facilities for the kids and entertainment were great. Booking through Haven was very expensive, for a caravan holiday (does include passes). We have also booked privately via Static caravans UK website - half price but doesn't include passes (still a good saving). I agree with others that privately owned vans are more homely. We always try to do a UK holiday as well as the overseas holiday. I think you'll enjoy any of these, depends how far you wish to travel.

We are hopefully going to Florida next year and my little boy commented that, at least the flight only takes the same time as driving back from Cornwall (there was lots of traffic and several crashes on the M5)!
UK-KIRK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Finlake is good, we love it there, we rent privately.
Old 8 Dec 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Haven holidays are fantastic for kids, us personally wouldnt do the bronze caravan always upgrade at least once.
We live in North East so tend to do Scotland or Yorkshire areas, all entertainment is much of a muchness.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LauraE View Post
May be a bit further than you wanted, but we went to Weymouth Bay this summer. But like you, not somewhere I would have previously considered before kids and a pandemic, but we had a lovely time! The kids loved the pool and all the kids activities (they had some in the daytimes and every evening) so we were happy as they were. Also lots to do in and around Weymouth and you can walk to the beach.

We rented privately so can’t comment on the caravans, but would recommend the site - you can also use sea view sites (10mins walk away)facilities (we didn’t) if you want a change of scenery.

Good luck finding what you want, we’re hoping to go abroad again next year, but looking for similar with guaranteed sun!
Weymouth bay is around 45 mins further although that doesn't rule it out. However we have been to Bournemouth quite a few times so I think maybe we'd like to try somewhere new! Thank you so much for the reply I'm glad to know you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We used to do a lot of these types of holidays when our children were little and always had a great time. Can't help on park recommendations, but like eLaura, we normally rented a privately owned unit. They're cheaper and generally of a higher standard, plus have a lot more homely touches and useful supplies. You can also choose the exact unit and location as you'll see photos of it in the advert. Park passes are normally extra, but even factoring that in we always saved money. Double glazing and central heating were always a must have for us as some just have little air blow heaters in the bedroom and only a gas fire in the living room. Some of the private ones we rented even had washer/dryers which was handy.

If going for a Haven owned van, then I'd always upgrade to the highest level you can afford. The cheaper units are often smaller and more basic, with many only being 10ft wide, rather than 12ft wide. We stayed in a 10ft one once, and just found it a bit claustrophobic.

I hope that might help a bit
Ah yeah the cheapest one I was looking at is only 10ft wide. There is a huge jump in price to upgrade though! Just checked and the caravan we had in Cornwall last summer was 12ft wide so I think you're right that 10ft would feel very small. Thank you!1

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We’ve rented through haven. We normally have bronze as it’s always a budget break. They are ‘ok’. We had a gold once once as I had some Vouchers. It was significantly better and the central heating was definitely appreciated in October half term.
But we book caravans for a cheap break so I won’t generally pay the price for the upgrade
Thank you very useful!

Originally Posted by UK-KIRK View Post
We've been to Haven several times in the last few years. We've stayed at Perran Sands, Perranporth in Cornwall, Devon Cliffs and Rockley Park, Poole Dorset. All were lovely, we stayed in a Platnium Caravan with decking as we like to sit outside to eat, weather permitting. Facilities for the kids and entertainment were great. Booking through Haven was very expensive, for a caravan holiday (does include passes). We have also booked privately via Static caravans UK website - half price but doesn't include passes (still a good saving). I agree with others that privately owned vans are more homely. We always try to do a UK holiday as well as the overseas holiday. I think you'll enjoy any of these, depends how far you wish to travel.

We are hopefully going to Florida next year and my little boy commented that, at least the flight only takes the same time as driving back from Cornwall (there was lots of traffic and several crashes on the M5)!
Haha your little boy isn't wrong! Cornwall is a right slog to get to, especially the Hayle area where we usually stay. Not ideal with a toddler in the car so think we won't go that end of the country again any time soon despite loving it.
I'll have a look at that website thank you

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Finlake is good, we love it there, we rent privately.
Thank you I'll check Finlake!

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Haven holidays are fantastic for kids, us personally wouldnt do the bronze caravan always upgrade at least once.
We live in North East so tend to do Scotland or Yorkshire areas, all entertainment is much of a muchness.
Ah I was looking at the saver which is even below the bronze haha. Maybe it wouldn't be great then.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I will look into doing one of the private rentals thank you all to compare the price. Would we definitely be able to get the play passes if not booking through Haven? The entertainment and pool etc would be the main reason for us choosing the site
Old 8 Dec 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I will look into doing one of the private rentals thank you all to compare the price. Would we definitely be able to get the play passes if not booking through Haven? The entertainment and pool etc would be the main reason for us choosing the site
Yes, you can definitely buy the passes at the park with a private rental. There's more info on the Haven site about it: ownershelp.haven/hc/en-g...ase-Play-Pass-

On this page you can select each park to see the prices of the passes:
support.haven/hc/en-gb/a...610.1638965714

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 01:16 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List