Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Going back
I want to go now!
 
Join Date: Apr 19
Do we bite the bullet and book

Hello, really not sure what to do, we have accommodation booked next august from 9th to 26th so have been looking at BA fly drives... they are coming in over budget by a couple of thousand, however i then checked miami and we could go there, direct, on 8th and spend a night in a hotel before making the drive to the accommodation the next day. We normally stop in a hotel the night before we travel, but would just stop in Miami instead. 2 adults and a 15 year old is coming in at £4,300 for a fly drive ( which is a lot cheaper than Tampa or MCO)... is this price likely to come down, or do you think it will just increase so we may as well book now? Decisions decisions!
Going back is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Softy
Imagineer
 
Softy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10
Originally Posted by Going back View Post
Hello, really not sure what to do, we have accommodation booked next august from 9th to 26th so have been looking at BA fly drives... they are coming in over budget by a couple of thousand, however i then checked miami and we could go there, direct, on 8th and spend a night in a hotel before making the drive to the accommodation the next day. We normally stop in a hotel the night before we travel, but would just stop in Miami instead. 2 adults and a 15 year old is coming in at £4,300 for a fly drive ( which is a lot cheaper than Tampa or MCO)... is this price likely to come down, or do you think it will just increase so we may as well book now? Decisions decisions!
Have you priced up flight only? Those prices suggest the car hire price is still through the roof on BA.

My suggestion would be to book the flights and add the airport hotel in to make it a package and only pay a deposit. Head over to the car hire forum for tips on getting normal prices for the cars. They’re starting to pop up more now.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Going back
Thread Starter
I want to go now!
 
Join Date: Apr 19
Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Have you priced up flight only? Those prices suggest the car hire price is still through the roof on BA.

My suggestion would be to book the flights and add the airport hotel in to make it a package and only pay a deposit. Head over to the car hire forum for tips on getting normal prices for the cars. They’re starting to pop up more now.
Oh thank you softy, thats a good idea!
Going back is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
juliebissett72
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 16
Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Have you priced up flight only? Those prices suggest the car hire price is still through the roof on BA.

My suggestion would be to book the flights and add the airport hotel in to make it a package and only pay a deposit. Head over to the car hire forum for tips on getting normal prices for the cars. They’re starting to pop up more now.
We just booked a fly drive with BA last night & reduced the car hire by a massive amount by picking the car up from a non airport location. We’re picking up car from Hard Rock hotel on first full day & returning to airport. Effectively the car only cost us £250 for 13 days on top of flight only prices. A few people had reported the possible savings doing this via holidays autos car hire so I tried it with the BA fly drive and lone behold it worked, price came right down in comparison to airport pick up.
juliebissett72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber
 
Sara_toga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 03
We booked a flight with a one night hotel at Miami airport and have booked the car through Andy at DFCH for next day pick up which worked out much cheaper that BA flight and car.
__________________
Sara_toga is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Bee happy
VIP Dibber
 
Bee happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 09

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
We booked a flight with a one night hotel at Miami airport and have booked the car through Andy at DFCH for next day pick up which worked out much cheaper that BA flight and car.
This is exactly what we have done but booked hotel on last night 👍
__________________
Bee happy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in international Flower & Garden Festival
On 13th January 11:35am
This March the Garden Rocks Concert series returns to EPCOT at the International Flower &... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th January 2:22pm
Get ready for uncharted chills on the all-new Ice Breaker coaster at SeaWorld Orlando! Named... Read More »
Posted in Florida
On 21st November 8:54am
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro revealed Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3389
CaxtonFX  $1.3307
Covent Garden FX  $1.3444
FAIRFX  $1.3334
John Lewis  $1.3408
M&S  $1.3195
Post Office  $1.3181
Sainsburys  $1.3360
TESCO  $1.3389
Travelex  $1.3341
Updated: 19:30 17/01/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1717
CaxtonFX  €1.1666
Covent Garden FX  €1.1850
FAIRFX  €1.1690
John Lewis  €1.1736
M&S  €1.1556
Post Office  €1.1540
Sainsburys  €1.1692
TESCO  €1.1717
Travelex  €1.1675
Updated: 19:30 17/01/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X