Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19 Jul 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
#371
lemmiwinkles
VIP Dibber
 
lemmiwinkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 20
Location: Scotland
Im still positive. I think things will open in September.

My worry is the US now reimplementing dropped guidance. I heard WDW have brought back the social distancing / hand washing signage
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
#372
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 03
Originally Posted by lemmiwinkles View Post
Im still positive. I think things will open in September.

My worry is the US now reimplementing dropped guidance. I heard WDW have brought back the social distancing / hand washing signage
At this stage, I'd wear a hazmat suit for our entire 2 weeks in exchange for a Florida holiday
__________________



DVC owner since 2002.
Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs, SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV, PVB Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
#373
toots82
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Feb 11

toots82's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm still here, 11th Oct although could do with knowing sooner as we have DVC booking so really 10th Sept is our cut off. I'm hoping something will be said this week to give us an indication of how things are looking. I just want to know now really, one way or the other.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
#374
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 03
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
I'm still here, 11th Oct although could do with knowing sooner as we have DVC booking so really 10th Sept is our cut off. I'm hoping something will be said this week to give us an indication of how things are looking. I just want to know now really, one way or the other.
We're in the same position. I'm not particularly worried about anything other than re organising our booking / points.

If the borders don't open in time, then we'll go somewhere else instead - current back up plans are Canada or Caribbean - but I really want to get my 2021 points banked and 2020's rented.
__________________



DVC owner since 2002.
Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs, SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV, PVB Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
#375
toots82
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Feb 11

toots82's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
We're in the same position. I'm not particularly worried about anything other than re organising our booking / points.

If the borders don't open in time, then we'll go somewhere else instead - current back up plans are Canada or Caribbean - but I really want to get my 2021 points banked and 2020's rented.
Hi, its a tricky one isn't it. We would ideally move our booking to April but from what mum was told by MS (its her DVC) she would stand to lose around 90 points from 2020. Her use year is December so if we can't go in Oct there's no chance we can go any other time this year. I guess it'll be a wait and see for a while longer!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
#376
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 03
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hi, its a tricky one isn't it. We would ideally move our booking to April but from what mum was told by MS (its her DVC) she would stand to lose around 90 points from 2020. Her use year is December so if we can't go in Oct there's no chance we can go any other time this year. I guess it'll be a wait and see for a while longer!
It's really frustrating. We have 2020 and 2021 points tied up in our bookings, my hope is to shorten the booking using only the 2020 points, and rent it out, then I can bank the 21 points into 22.

I'm not going down the route of them allowing double banking, it seems so confusing and inconsistent so would rather just rent the reservation to cover the costs and be done with it.

As we had 2 years worth of points we've splashed out on 4 nights in a cabin and I'm SO looking forward to it, so still got everything firmly crossed.

Fingers crossed we all get some idea very soon either way.
__________________



DVC owner since 2002.
Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs, SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV, PVB Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
#377
toots82
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Feb 11

toots82's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
It's really frustrating. We have 2020 and 2021 points tied up in our bookings, my hope is to shorten the booking using only the 2020 points, and rent it out, then I can bank the 21 points into 22.

I'm not going down the route of them allowing double banking, it seems so confusing and inconsistent so would rather just rent the reservation to cover the costs and be done with it.

As we had 2 years worth of points we've splashed out on 4 nights in a cabin and I'm SO looking forward to it, so still got everything firmly crossed.

Fingers crossed we all get some idea very soon either way.
I find the whole thing totally confusing too, our trip no longer looks anything like it originally did and if truth be told, moving it would probably make it easier for us BUT I wanna go and the thought of the hassle with the points is bothering me esp as I can't sort it with them being mums points. We have 5 nights SSR 2 bed to start and 3 nights OKW 2 bed at the end so not too sure what I'd do with that to get it rented for her. Hopefully won't have to. Fingers crossed!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
#378
jampxx
Chilling at Carribean Beach
 
Join Date: Mar 18
Location: South East
Only just hanging in! Like others risk management is stating to kick in, mostly in terms of how much fun is it really going to be and should we save the money to make the next trip even better! Wishing everyone on the Dibb good thoughts whatever their decision.
jampxx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
#379
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 03
Originally Posted by jampxx View Post
Only just hanging in! Like others risk management is stating to kick in, mostly in terms of how much fun is it really going to be and should we save the money to make the next trip even better! Wishing everyone on the Dibb good thoughts whatever their decision.
It's a tricky call isn't it. For us we go regularly and it's just the 2 of us so we'll just be happy being there soaking up the atmosphere, we're not worried about everything being back in place.

If it was a rare trip for us or we were taking young children then I'd possibly have very different priorities.
__________________



DVC owner since 2002.
Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs, SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV, PVB Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
#380
irnjaw
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Jul 12
Location: Perth, Scotland
I'm just about still hanging on too. It's possible that October could happen but the risk of the kids catching COVID at school is concerning me. Like someone else has already stated, my kids are in school right up to the day before we fly. If we don't go in October then we'd be adding 365 days to the count down which is a bit disappointing.
I'm not worried at all about being over there. Being free for three weeks will be amazing, but some restrictions are starting to creep back in, so what will it be like in a couple of months?
Every day I feel differently about it.
__________________
Lesley

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in international Flower & Garden Festival
On 13th January 11:35am
This March the Garden Rocks Concert series returns to EPCOT at the International Flower &... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th January 2:22pm
Get ready for uncharted chills on the all-new Ice Breaker coaster at SeaWorld Orlando! Named... Read More »
Posted in Florida
On 21st November 8:54am
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro revealed Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3389
CaxtonFX  $1.3307
Covent Garden FX  $1.3444
FAIRFX  $1.3334
John Lewis  $1.3408
M&S  $1.3195
Post Office  $1.3181
Sainsburys  $1.3360
TESCO  $1.3389
Travelex  $1.3341
Updated: 19:30 17/01/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1717
CaxtonFX  €1.1666
Covent Garden FX  €1.1850
FAIRFX  €1.1690
John Lewis  €1.1736
M&S  €1.1556
Post Office  €1.1540
Sainsburys  €1.1692
TESCO  €1.1717
Travelex  €1.1675
Updated: 19:30 17/01/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X