Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 21, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Flights dilemma - book now?

Our flights were released last night, hoping to fly from Dublin direct (we’re Irish and 20 mins from the airport)
Prices have gone up by €1k, we have our Aer Lingus voucher but have to pay another 1000 euro on top. Should I wait and see if prices come down or just bite the bullet. There’s 6 of us too so hope it doesn’t sell out or anything.
Any advice taken, thank you.
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m also flying from Dublin but my dates haven’t been released I’ve been tracking prices all year but the ones in last few weeks are hugely increased in price . I don’t know the current AER LINGUS offers are to end September maybe they will do something on flights after then. I really like the ease of the direct flight I’m also flying with an 80 year old who only feels safe with them. Are your flights only recently released
Old 6 Aug 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Without knowing when the flights are for and what the price actually is , eg is that 1000 extra each for the six of you so 2000 euro per person or something else it’s hard to comment
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

We’re going in June and it’s €1000 at least between 6 of us. 2 are kids so we’ll be paying for them.
Travelling with a 70 year old too so they’d like as little hassle as possible.
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Last year’s flights for June 21 were €4800 now for June 22 are €5800
Old 6 Aug 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
What’s the availability like are there many left for your dates ? Between 6 its nearly 1000 each . It’s expensive at 800 , I’ve previously gotten June flights direct for 500. It’s a tough one . I can’t see them going much higher than that though ? Maybe hang on a few weeks
Old 6 Aug 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

How do I check how many seats there are left?
Part of me just wants to book it so it’s done, but they’re fleecing people obviously to recoup their losses from last year
Old 6 Aug 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I wouldn’t pay 1000 Euro pp from Dublin but it’s supply and demand , school holidays still presumably and the only direct flight ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
How do I check how many seats there are left?
Part of me just wants to book it so it’s done, but they’re fleecing people obviously to recoup their losses from last year
When I’m trying a dummy booking it will often say only 5 seats left etc ,
Old 6 Aug 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Exactly, school hols and only direct flight. Indirect not that much cheaper either