Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

VA availability 1 May 22 LHR-MIA

I was just checking my flight to see how much availability there was left in PE (we have booked our seats) and I was surprised at how few seats have been booked.

I did a dummy EC booking for the same dates and there are seats in all classes of EC.

I was just very surprised considering how many flights have had to be re-booked.
Old 9 Aug 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by richard29 View Post
I was just checking my flight to see how much availability there was left in PE (we have booked our seats) and I was surprised at how few seats have been booked.

I did a dummy EC booking for the same dates and there are seats in all classes of EC.

I was just very surprised considering how many flights have had to be re-booked.
Not many people actually book seats in advance, even when it’s free.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by richard29 View Post

Out of curiosity I had a qucik check of the loads and VS are selling all fares so it isn't surprising that the flight is at this point Wide Open.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think the majority are waiting for travel restrictions to be lifted before booking again.

Most airlines are expecting travel to remain way down next year especially business bookings. Could be some bargains to New York etc
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I think the majority are waiting for travel restrictions to be lifted before booking again.

Most airlines are expecting travel to remain way down next year especially business bookings. Could be some bargains to New York etc
Agree with this. My flights aren't bookable yet but I don't intend to book them until restrictions lift unless there's a really good sale on.

I think this may be even more true for Virgin customers given the hassle many had getting refunds at the start of 2020. Will be wary of going through that twice, even though they have improved since then. Might be especially the case for hubs like MIA since the flights are still running, even if you can't board them.

Edited at 03:59 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Excited about Disney

We're looking to book flights in May and VA prices are VERY high at the moment, higher than BA (which are also expensive!) so may also be because many people are waiting for prices to drop before buying - especially when it is such an issue to get a refund from them if needed!
Old 9 Aug 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

We booked a fly drive with VH some time ago, PE both ways and a INT SUV for 21 days with full ins for £2809.00.

looking today its £3725.60 for exactly the same trip
Old 9 Aug 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My motto is book early book often. We booked weeks ago for a late April - early June return. BA was a heck of a lot cheaper than VA and so we opted for PE. However a great upgrade price became available so a few weeks later we upgraded to UC.

For March VA was cheaper by far though. I's all about checking and running spreadsheets ref trends.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List