Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Nov 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

Sky contract ending - Black Friday

Evening all.

My Sky contract ends in a couple of days, I have landline/broadband and TV with them.

I noticed they have some Black Friday deals, as do Virgin.

Not entirely sure who to go with but definitely like the look of only paying around £40 a month for 18 months with some of these deals 😎

I remember when I cancelled Sky years ago and the phone call was unbelievable, the guy was beyond rude and unhelpful and I was on the phone for ages, so I would prefer not to have to call them.

Any tips for upgrading/getting a better deal? If my contract ends does it roll on with Sky?
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Wizzyanne View Post
Evening all.

My Sky contract ends in a couple of days, I have landline/broadband and TV with them.

I noticed they have some Black Friday deals, as do Virgin.

Not entirely sure who to go with but definitely like the look of only paying around £40 a month for 18 months with some of these deals 😎

I remember when I cancelled Sky years ago and the phone call was unbelievable, the guy was beyond rude and unhelpful and I was on the phone for ages, so I would prefer not to have to call them.

Any tips for upgrading/getting a better deal? If my contract ends does it roll on with Sky?
When you say it ends do you mean you have cancelled it down?

If not it keeps on rolling at the their new prices.

The best way to get the lowest Sky deal is to cancel the contract, give the 30 days notice required. They will offer a price at that point but it won't be the cheapest one.

A few days later someone will call pretending to check howyou felt the cancellation process went. They are the person who will offer the best deal.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Chops
Getting Excited

You gotta cancel and hold your nerve. I held on until 3 days before it was due to end and I got my package half price. They will call you every couple of days. Just keep saying no thanks I’m leaving 😀
Chops is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Chops View Post
You gotta cancel and hold your nerve. I held on until 3 days before it was due to end and I got my package half price. They will call you every couple of days. Just keep saying no thanks I’m leaving 😀
I really want to do this but my wife works from home and needs the wifi, and I’m nervous they won’t call back and we get the chop! 😅😂

I’ll give them a go on live chat tomorrow first.
Virgin have an excellent Black Friday deal at the moment so I’ll make out I’m going for that and see what they do.
Old 22 Nov 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
I really want to do this but my wife works from home and needs the wifi, and I’m nervous they won’t call back and we get the chop! 😅😂

I’ll give them a go on live chat tomorrow first.
Virgin have an excellent Black Friday deal at the moment so I’ll make out I’m going for that and see what they do.
You won’t get the best price until after you actually hand in your notice.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
You won’t get the best price until after you actually hand in your notice.
Will give it a go 😅
Old 22 Nov 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Will give it a go 😅
Remember if the worst happens and they stop all discounts then you can always cancel the cancellation.

It’s a pain to have to do it every 18 months but we always have to play the game each time
Old 23 Nov 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Cancel it. With Virgin they refused to give me a good renewal deal. So I cancelled. Eventually someone called me back. I get every TV channel including sport and movies, 600 gig Broadband, free calls, two boxes in 2 rooms, unlimited data Sim for £70 a month.
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You won’t get better than the Black Friday offers stacked by retentions, so waiting May go against you (plus the win back calls haven’t really happened nearly as much since Covid, most of those teams were redeployed , you’ll do better talking to retentions)
I speak to the retentions team several times daily and I’ve never encountered rudeness from them.

Edited at 10:50 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List