Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 21, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

I've managed to lose 1.5st, but still have 4st to go. I've stalled for months. I have no motivation to move or stop eating chocolate.

Its soo tough.
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I have really struggled with putting on weight for the last couple of years and I think it is down to the lack of exercise.

I have coeliac disease, and I am quite knowledgable about food and the right and wrong things to eat. I stick to a very good diet, with the odd treat on a Saturday or a Sunday, but my weight is still creeping up.

I need to join a gym I think and get myself a bit fitter.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

It is a hard situation , I truly get where you are coming from, I am lucky that my PT is also a qualified nutritionist, he is not preachy and is really knowledgeable and supportive. For exercise try resistance bands because you can do an incredible amount of different exercises using them, choose a method of eating that works for you wether it is counting calories , intermittent fasting etc. You can do it I have faith in you.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
For as long as I can remember- in adult life anyway - I've found it far too easy to put weight on. So prior to covid I made a conscious effort to shift it until lock down happen and this became the start of a very slippery slope.

I must have put 2 stone on since the pandemic started. I know I need to exercise but I'm am finding it difficult to get motivated because it is an effort to get myself moving.

Am I alone in this struggle ?
Sorry you feel like this, it is so hard to get going & motivated 😬
Can you try & find something you like to do or maybe go together with a friend
I do like working out, running is best for me as I can listen to some tunes & you can do it anytime anywhere
I also love CAKE too😳🤦
But I know if I want to have it I gotta get moving, plus it helps that I want to be fit & healthy so I can run after my Grandkids 🙊❤️💙
Good luck 🤩
PM me if you ever want to talk
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I know most people hold their hands up in horror when you mention Slimming World or WW but I had but on a stone, made me feel awful.

Now SW has reopened, no masks, normal meeting I am back at it and have lost the stone already. I like the accountability, if I stuff myself one day I know I have to get back at it in order to get on the scales at the meeting. No one there knows your weight but they are routing for you to lose.

I have met the nicest group of friends at SW, it's so nice to see them each week and between we understand each other.

So before you throw your hands up and say it doesn't work for me give it a go, every week I chat with new people, we support each other. Give it a go.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
wearegoingtowdw
Getting Excited

I’m the heaviest I have ever been. I bought an exercise bike 6 weeks ago and have only used it once for 10 mins. I feel bad even saying this. I have the equipment but zero motivation. It’s 52 weeks until we return to Disney, should be there now 😢 so I went for a walk today to hopefully start the journey to losing weight ready for holiday next year. I do not like the way I look at the moment and am disappointed in the way I let myself allow this to happen. I knew months ago that I was gaining an unhealthy amount of weight and did nothing. I hope I can continue to walk and exercise from today but the chocolate cravings are already nagging at me.
wearegoingtowdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I know most people hold their hands up in horror when you mention Slimming World or WW but I had but on a stone, made me feel awful.

Now SW has reopened, no masks, normal meeting I am back at it and have lost the stone already. I like the accountability, if I stuff myself one day I know I have to get back at it in order to get on the scales at the meeting. No one there knows your weight but they are routing for you to lose.

I have met the nicest group of friends at SW, it's so nice to see them each week and between we understand each other.

So before you throw your hands up and say it doesn't work for me give it a go, every week I chat with new people, we support each other. Give it a go.
I have also been doing the Slimming World diet and have lost 1 1/2 stone, it is quite easy when you know the basics, I include chocolate every day and it has worked for me

I have to get in the right frame of mind before I start though and once I have started the diet I don’t deviate at all, I stay on the plan

I did this with smoking though , one day I said right that’s enough and then I never had a cigarette again

Good luck, I think the hardest bit is getting motivated to make a start
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Hecky78
Excited about Disney

I have also found this after the lockdown but because I need a hip replacement I decided to start exercising and to lose some weight. I have lost just over 1 1/2 stones so far. Unfortunately my surgery got cancelled so I have another 4 weeks to try and lose some more weight. I am hoping for another stone long term. I found having the motivation of my operation helped or I would never have done it.
Hecky78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just to share a positive story on weight loss. I was doing a cycling audax event yesterday (130 miles). One of the guys I was cycling with said he got into the sport 2 years ago when he was 18 stone and is now down to 12.5. I’ve met quite a few people like this over the years - it really is a good way to lose weight (indoors or outdoors) and, if you do enough of it, you can pretty much eat what you want.

With that said I absolutely recognise that for this to work you first have to really want to make the change. Good luck to those of you looking to lose some weight and are feeling motivated to make the change - you can do it!
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
zoebums
Apprentice Imagineer

You are not alone x
I have just rejoined an online weighloss group called PLayer Tackles Weight, can be found on Sports and Fitness 4 u on Facebook. Originally it was a weekly netball game and weigh in but then Covid hit and all went online. I didnt join but decided back in May to give it a go. 8 weeks. Lost 8lbs which I am pleased with. Weeks 1, 3, 5, 7 you are given challenges. You are also given your daily calorie intake depending on your weight. We had 3 weeks break and has started again now, only put on 1lb in that break, so pleased. Why not search it up and give it a go. They put us on whatsapp group too where we can support each other.
zoebums is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List