Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Sep 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Griddle
New Poster (2)

Best time of year.

Hi Guys,

I’m new to this forum so
Please be kind.

I am looking to go to Florida in 2023, what is the best time of year to go regards weather and crowds.

I am restricted as I have children of school age, would be willing to take them out of school for one week but not two.

Thanks in advance
Griddle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

For me its mid/late October. The weather is still great as its mostly out of rainy season and the temperature is very manageable. Kids are back in school so ride times are as good as they could be in the weekdays, and also you have the Halloween build up.

Without having a kiddy, i have no idea how term dates work usually. But looking at google it tells me..Autumn break: 26 October – 30 October for 2020 anyway..if this is accurate, personally I would take them out for that week and the first week of november. That way you can go for 2 weeks, and the trip might not be as expensive as going in full on holidays.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I love May, the week before half term and half term. It’s also flower and garden festival at Epcot

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

End of August (as late as you can manage before school goes back) is the best you'll get in school holidays in terms of crowd levels. But it's very hot and rains most afternoons since it's in the middle of the rainy/hurricane season.

May or October half terms would be your best balance of crowds and weather, with May probably being the quieter of the two if you go the week before half term starts. October has slightly more going on due to the Halloween events though.

Although for me, February wins hands down. I don't like the heat. And because it's the low season, flights and hotels should be cheaper than any other time.

ETA: Avoid Easter and Christmas. Extremely busy.

Edited at 03:51 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Ester is mega busy, last 2 weeks in August, although hot and humid with rain in the afternoon (short showers mostly) the American schools are all back so its normally much quieter. If you can fly back first few days in September then flights can be little cheaper.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

May or October for me. Tan a week on either half term (or some schools have two weeks anyway). Love both of these times but sticking to august from now on as ds in secondary now.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Sept / oct temps are great , parks are quiet 👍 and you get to celibrate Halloween big win
Old 3 Sep 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydevotee
Gone all Goofy

We have done April,July,August and October with our kids,now if had choice would go for October half term.Found it hot but humidity more bearable.very little rain.April weather was perfect but everywhere so busy with Spring breakers.If it meant just being able to go again would choose anytime,any month,so miss being there.
Disneydevotee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
plastic orange
Very Serious Dibber

Only months we've not been is December, January and February. Our favourite is possibly late August into September, but weather can sometimes spring a surprise. Our last holiday in May 2018 was pretty wet, but previous times were fine. The only time we won't ever do again is spring break - busy everywhere when we stayed for a month in March. Spring break lasts quite a time as different areas have a different week, so no matter where we went in Florida we seemed to catch spring breakers. This is also the time of the college try outs, and they are everywhere.

Pete
Old 3 Sep 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

October for us (incorporating half term).
Best weather by far, good crowd levels and fantastic events such as Halloween Party and Food & Wine Festival.

I've been every month apart January and February quite a few times since the late 80's.

We're planning on October 2023 for about 17nts (missing school 3 days before half term then the week after). DS will only be 5 and DD won't have started school yet so taking advantage while they're still young.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List