Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

They will not apply the voucher?

hi all
(BA)

So finally got through on chatbox after sitting for an hour waiting and was told categorically I cannot apply the voucher to my new booking?

They said I should of booked using it, did not have that option online when I was booking.

Does anyone know what else I can do?

Thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Speak to them….raise a complaint?

Just a thought.

Disney332
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I assume you made a booking with BA holidays? If so Email baholidays@ba.com with the voucher and new booking reference. It may take a week or so for them to respond but they’ll do it.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

From what I can gather there are 2 types of vouchers;

(1) An email for which you have to reply to in order to add it to an existing Booking after you have booked a new trip (think these are for BA Holidays)

(2) An actual E-voucher code whereby you add it at checkout (think these are given for flight bookings only)

Was it (1) or (2) ?

If (1) I can only assume that you requested to cancel the old booking after making the new booking

If (2) Did you miss the option to add the voucher code when booking your new flights?
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

We just booked flights/hotel last night and had two evouchers to use, just small amounts, but no option to apply them online with deposit. I was going to look into using them as part of the balance but not sure if I can!
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
We just booked flights/hotel last night and had two evouchers to use, just small amounts, but no option to apply them online with deposit. I was going to look into using them as part of the balance but not sure if I can!
I think they can only be used towards flight only bookings. I note you have added a hotel thus creating a holiday Package and only having to pay a deposit.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
From what I can gather there are 2 types of vouchers;

(1) An email for which you have to reply to in order to add it to an existing Booking after you have booked a new trip (think these are for BA Holidays)

(2) An actual E-voucher code whereby you add it at checkout (think these are given for flight bookings only)

Was it (1) or (2) ?

If (1) I can only assume that you requested to cancel the old booking after making the new booking

If (2) Did you miss the option to add the voucher code when booking your new flights?
Theres more to the evoucher than youd think. A voucher is issued to each individual on flight only. If you have prepaid seats then this will come on said voucher, but you cant apply them for new seats ! Also, you can only use 4 vouchers per new booking. If theres 5 of you, you have to do 2 separate bookings. Seriously. Also, when you do your booking process, the voucher application comes early in said process not at the end, so if youre not on the ball, you may pay full price. Biggest annoyance is Im stuck with a voucher for 500 quid and had to pay 500 cash for new seats. Yes, I havent lost out, but luckily i can use this voucher for a NY trip next year.
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
Theres more to the evoucher than youd think. A voucher is issued to each individual on flight only. If you have prepaid seats then this will come on said voucher, but you cant apply them for new seats ! Also, you can only use 4 vouchers per new booking. If theres 5 of you, you have to do 2 separate bookings. Seriously. Also, when you do your booking process, the voucher application comes early in said process not at the end, so if youre not on the ball, you may pay full price. Biggest annoyance is Im stuck with a voucher for 500 quid and had to pay 500 cash for new seats. Yes, I havent lost out, but luckily i can use this voucher for a NY trip next year.
That’s interesting. I guess the OP needs to confirm what type of voucher she has.
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Apparently theres 2 vouchers. One that needs a phone call to book, and one for online. You really need your wits about you for the last one. If theres 4 of you or less and you havent paid for seats, then its easier. If not
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

absolute pain this voucher business. Mine would not work on new booking yesterday. I rang 4 times being cut off 3 times, on that 4th time which took 90 mins I got the lady just to book the flights we wanted! All sorted now I appreciate they must be under a lot of stress this was 9.30pm last night!
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List