Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post

So we have decided to fly

Going end of May, was originally going to train down to London and catch Eurostar. Looks like that’s not very reliable, so now will likely fly from Newcastle.

The last and only time we ever went to DLP in 2009 the flight got in too late for the Disney bus so took a taxi. We had a four year old with us, and felt the car seat wasn’t one we would have ever chosen, and the drive to Disney in the dark scared the hell out of us. Never driven on the motorways in France before, and it certainly felt like dicing with death!
Also, felt like CDG airport was difficult to navigate, and the taxi driver drove round in circles as he couldn’t find the exit!

So, just wondering, how have others felt about getting the Disney Bus from CDG? Our flight will get in about 2 so should have plenty of time to get the Disney bus.

Other option is private transfer, but our grandaughter will be 4 and the option is baby seat or booster seat. Her car seats at home will accommodate her at that age but not sure about the car seats over there?

It seems so much harder to go to DLP than it does to Florida!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TheRobsters
Getting Excited

Have you looked at the train from CDG to the parks? very straightforward and quick too. …You can pre book tickets on websites like the train line.
TheRobsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TheRobsters View Post
Have you looked at the train from CDG to the parks? very straightforward and quick too. …You can pre book tickets on websites like the train line.
Thank you.

Is it really straightforward? I think my last experience at CDG has scarred me for life!

I’ve looked at the sticky above, does seem pretty easy. Thanks again.

Edited at 10:11 AM.
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
TheRobsters
Getting Excited

My DS and GF did it last week and they are young! 🤣 They bought tickets through the trainline and the journey took less than 10 mins.
The last time they went they used the coach and that took them ages.
We are going in December but are driving ourselves.
TheRobsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TheRobsters View Post
My DS and GF did it last week and they are young! 🤣 They bought tickets through the trainline and the journey took less than 10 mins.
The last time they went they used the coach and that took them ages.
We are going in December but are driving ourselves.
Thanks again. Yes I’ve had a look and it looks pretty straightforward. If current timings stay the same we will likely have a two hour wait at the airport for the train but I suppose we could wait that for the bus then have a long bus ride!

Just trying to make the journey as quick and easy as possible.
We are so used to having our journey to Florida off pat ( we even try to book the same plane seats in Premium every time we go and could get through the airport with our eyes shut!

The high speed train will be a good experience for our grandaughter, the prices are eye watering for a ten minute journey but hey ho it has to be done!

Driving for us would just be too much of a pain from the NE, we would have to take two cars, a miserable journey for a four year old etc etc.

Thanks for your invaluable advice.
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We always use RS Transports, they meet you at arrivals. Journey is about 40 minutes and they are cheaper than the train or the coach. The coach was not great in our experience, late both ways.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We’ve only been to DLP once but we caught the train from Disney to CDG. Don’t remember it being particularly traumatic or anything and we had an 18 month old and a 4 year old with us. Sorry, can’t be of any more help as it’s so long ago I can’t remember. We’re going in February but hoping to get the Eurotunnel as DS really doesn’t like to fly.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Going end of May, was originally going to train down to London and catch Eurostar. Looks like that’s not very reliable, so now will likely fly from Newcastle.
Hi, could I ask what you mean by not very reliable? We're in East Yorkshire and have travelled via Eurostar twice without any issues, once direct and once via Lille.
We would get a train down the night before and stay in a Premier Inn near to St Pancras and straight on the Eurostar the morning after. Which for us is just as simple and straightforward as getting to Florida.

If you're now set on flying into CDG then definitely get the train straight into DLP. Quickest and easiest option. If you're booking via the Trainline then I think you can get cashback through Quidco.

Other than travel, how's your planning coming along?
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

No value to add, other than to say, have a great time and remember….variety is the spice of life 👍

Disney332
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
Hi, could I ask what you mean by not very reliable? We're in East Yorkshire and have travelled via Eurostar twice without any issues, once direct and once via Lille.
We would get a train down the night before and stay in a Premier Inn near to St Pancras and straight on the Eurostar the morning after. Which for us is just as simple and straightforward as getting to Florida.

If you're now set on flying into CDG then definitely get the train straight into DLP. Quickest and easiest option. If you're booking via the Trainline then I think you can get cashback through Quidco.

Other than travel, how's your planning coming along?
We are booked for five nights at Newport Bay next May half term.

We did want to get the train to London and the direct Eurostar from st Pancras, but looks like that is cancelled at least til March with a further review then.

We were going to do some sightseeing in London as well, which was another reason to do that route.

I think as we have got older, we have made travel as easy as possible for ourselves , eg always fly from local airport, no transfers / layovers etc. Also we always have our hols booked as soon as prices come out, nothing last minute for us!

We are planning a big Disneyworld holiday in Aug 2023 with our family( me and DH booked for next September just the two of us, all booked, including plane seats direct from Newcastle, our local airport). So I guess I’m trying to do the same with this holiday, have everything booked and sorted.

I think I would prefer a private transfer to the bus, but am worried about the calibre of car seat ( as you can see, if there’s something to worry about, I will worry! Even though it is irrational!) Our last experience on the French motorways wasn’t good!

But of course I understand in these times nothing is certain, not even the holiday itself, just trying to figure out the best options for us .

Edited at 12:01 PM.