Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Another Londoner , I always look to see if there’s a good bus route before using the tube , but don’t mind it . It’s just hot and crowded . Can navigate it with no problem. NYC underground map baffles me though
Never braved the Metro , we used the airport bus to DLP. I must have used it on trips to Paris years ago as I remember buying a carnet of tickets but I’ve clearly erased the memory of actually using it.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStarwars
Proud to wear my Ears

Were going for a week early November and planning a few days using the RER/Metro into Paris and across to versailles, were due to go to Florida so making the most of this trip instead so should know more about trains then !
2021 Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York) 2023 Pop Century
2022 Port Orleans Riverside (and Hurricane Ian)
DisneyStarwars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyStarwars View Post
Were going for a week early November and planning a few days using the RER/Metro into Paris and across to versailles, were due to go to Florida so making the most of this trip instead so should know more about trains then !
Versailles is a good day out.
Make sure you hire one of their golf buggies, they’re a great way to get round as the estate is huge!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

In 2017 my family stayed in DLP and got the train to Paris on 2 days of our trip. It took like an hour and we went to all the main attractions in Paris. We bought a ticket that allows you on the train all day. Get a map for the metro and it will show all the stations and where to go for different destinations. We stayed in DLP but my husband proposed at the top of the Eiffel Tower
theotherblonde is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Not done it yet but doing it with a 4yr old and 1yr old next May.

DS is 3 and desperate to see the Eiffel Tower, he talks about it a lot so I wouldn't write it off just because kids are young. There's more in the world to show them than theme parks - should be a lovely experience 😊
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

We did it Dec 2018 with a 4.5 year old and an almost 4 month old. The transport there and back was straight forward.

The only issue we had was the time queuing for the Eiffel Tower. I hadn’t realised under the tower was sealed off (it had been some years since we’d been) so we had to queue for bag search to get under, queue for tickets and then queue for the lifts and the queues were long! I think you can book tickets in advance and I’d definitely recommend doing that to cut out a queue! All the queues were longer than any we encountered at Disney. But our 4 year old loved it despite that.

I think that trip, the Eiffel Tower was pretty much all we managed to do the day we went into Paris where as previously we’d managed more (we’d been in the Opera for a look around with our little one who also likes the film Ballerina).
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Here how we did it
catch the RER A from Marne-la-vallee to Charles de Gaulle-Etoile where you then change onto the Metro 6 to Bir Hakeim. From Bir Hakeim it is a short 10 minute walk to The Eiffel Tower.
cartoonp is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Here how we did it
catch the RER A from Marne-la-vallee to Charles de Gaulle-Etoile where you then change onto the Metro 6 to Bir Hakeim. From Bir Hakeim it is a short 10 minute walk to The Eiffel Tower.
Thank you so much! Sounds pretty simple.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List