Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Sep 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Updates on Fantasmic restarting in WDW?

Hi all,

In all the visits to Orlando we've made, we never got around to seeing Fantasmic - yes, I can feel your shock from here.

Rebooking for May 2022, we're hopeful that it will be open again. Scouring the web, the latest I've found, from Inside The Magic, is that the ship has moved... so work is being done.

Any updates from anyone with insider information? Any qualified news? All info would be welcome.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

I don't know when it's reopening but I saw a picture on twitter last month that showed the lighting system being ripped out (to be upgraded according to the post) and quite a lot of work to the steam boat.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

The shows 30th anniversary will be 2022 (though I think that Disneylands version), inside the magic suggested it may reopen for anniversary, but that is purely speculation. Hopefully correct though.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Where there still isn’t an opening date for Fantasmic, the good news is that, despite the lagoon remaining dry, Disney has filed a handful of permits for the location of Fantasmic, indicating work will continue being done at the lagoon.

The permits include:

• 951 Cypress Dr # F: Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
• 951 Cypress Dr: General Construction

Though the permits are not extremely detailed, it does seem like the refurbishment at the show’s location is continuing and hopefully we’ll soon see Fantasmic! once again light up the night sky.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The show is being refurbished now so I suppose it’s when that is finished. Optimistically I’d hope for Xmas, but Disney construction doesn’t exactly seem speedy often.
Old 14 Oct 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The show is being refurbished now so I suppose it’s when that is finished. Optimistically I’d hope for Xmas, but Disney construction doesn’t exactly seem speedy often.
I also hope for Christmas as its one of my favourite shows... but doubt it! Fingers crossed anyways
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
Hi all,

In all the visits to Orlando we've made, we never got around to seeing Fantasmic - yes, I can feel your shock from here.

Rebooking for May 2022, we're hopeful that it will be open again. Scouring the web, the latest I've found, from Inside The Magic, is that the ship has moved... so work is being done.

Any updates from anyone with insider information? Any qualified news? All info would be welcome.

In 25 or so visits I've been just the once and that was only because friends we were holidaying with said it really was worth it.

It wasn't!

If I see it again, it will be too soon.

(I appreciate others love this show, but I just didn't get it at all!)

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It's a crowd eater as the stadium is huge, perhaps they will aim to open at Christmas when it's very busy?

I love it so fingers crossed it's back by next summer.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Latest photos show it in a very stripped out state. They are going to have to get going sharpish to get it open. They may be aiming for Xmas though as the place will be rammed. I just did dining reservations today and noticed Diamond Horseshoe is on there- they normally only open this at very busy times.
Old 17 Oct 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
In 25 or so visits I've been just the once and that was only because friends we were holidaying with said it really was worth it.

It wasn't!

If I see it again, it will be too soon.

(I appreciate others love this show, but I just didn't get it at all!)
We were the same, thought the masses and queuing to get in and out just wasn’t worth it for us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List