Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Oct 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
shaunellis
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Magic Band Purchase

Hi Everyone,
We have just booked our holiday for June 2022 and are looking at purchasing Magic Bands as they are no longer provided complimentary.

However, after going through My Disney Experience to order them, the website suggests that no items can be shipped to the UK due to a US export policy...

Does this mean UK visitors can only purchase Magic Bands on arrival or is there another way? It doesn't look like the UK shop stocks Magic Bands to order.
shaunellis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

This is correct. Even when they were free, you had to collect them at the resort as they don't ship here. If you use a VPN set to the US, you can order MBs through MDE then but they will still be ship to resort only to pick up at check in. You can also wait until there and purchase at the airport shop or in multiple stores throughout Disney.

Also, there are new magic bands launching at some point next year so you may want to hold off ordering for now anyway. The current ones will still work, but you may prefer to have the new style if they are available by June.

Note if you already have magic bands from a previous trip, they will still work for 95% of the functions indefinitely as long as they're still linked in MDE.

Edited at 04:46 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Hi, has anyone had any joy ordering magic bands since the US has reopened?
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nelly7 View Post
Hi, has anyone had any joy ordering magic bands since the US has reopened?
Nope, still have to use a VPN to access it.
Old 19 Nov 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shaunellis View Post
Hi Everyone,
We have just booked our holiday for June 2022 and are looking at purchasing Magic Bands as they are no longer provided complimentary.

However, after going through My Disney Experience to order them, the website suggests that no items can be shipped to the UK due to a US export policy...

Does this mean UK visitors can only purchase Magic Bands on arrival or is there another way? It doesn't look like the UK shop stocks Magic Bands to order.
You will need to download a vpn to order one. I use Tunnel bear but there are others to choose from. It basically makes Disney think your computer location is in the USA. For whatever reason Disney think there isn't a problem although there have been a few people including myself saying we are geo blocked. You will need to make sure your hotel reservation is showing so log out and back in until it pops up. I find a laptop more stable than MDE. You will need the vpn to book Savis as you will just get the spinning wheel of loading forever... You could always get a band there if it's too much faff.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

We used tunnelbear as our VPN to order our MB's for January.

I wrote to Disney regarding lack of access and they referred me back to Walt Disney travel company UK.

About as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Old 25 Nov 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Shinji4u
Proud to wear my Ears

Ha thanks for the Info regarding the VPN...great to see, that there IS STILL a possibility to order Magic Bands ahead!
Old 25 Nov 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes still works as ordered mine yesterday to deliver bands on check in.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Embraer
Excited about Disney

Out of interest what is the selection like, assume they’re similar to the old complimentary ones?
Offsite 5 times 76-05, POR 06, DVC since 07, SSR 07, BWV & DCL Wonder 4night 08, PR 3night & DCL Magic 7night W. Carib & SSR 3night 09, DLP NB 10, Treehouse 11, DLP NB 12, Treehouse & DCL Fantasy 7night E. Carib & BLT 13, BWV 15, SSR 16, Treehouse 19 & 22, Treehouse again 24
Embraer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Embraer View Post
Out of interest what is the selection like, assume they’re similar to the old complimentary ones?
They have a mix of designs and solid colours, there were about 40 available when I did my order. Couple of pre-order exclusives as well.