Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 6 Nov 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile How’s your Christmas shopping going?

How’s your Christmas shopping going? Have you finished, nearly there or not even started?
I am glad Halloween is out of the way so the shops can start playing Christmas music 😂😂😂
My shopping is going really well so far 🤩 apart from a couple of disasters regarding anime items.
I am still really struggling for our 8 year old boy who doesn’t like toys or sport or reading 🙈 we have decided to get him a double bed but I still need some things to wrap! His list just says ‘surprises’
I have managed to get a limited edition twenty one pilots ukulele for my daughter and I know she will burst out crying when she opens it. I just can’t wait for Christmas morning to see her face when she sees it, I will probably cry with her 😂😂😂

So what have you got so far?
What else do you need?
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Only just started, I’ve bought some personalised Cadbury chocolates for my mom, I really need to get moving on getting some more presents sorted!
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’m struggling with what to get for my 17 year old. So far she has 2 pairs of PJ’s as that’s all she has asked for. Her stocking fillers are ok although I’ve not actually bought them yet. She’s 18 in January too so more presents to think of.

I’ve finished my youngest dd’s. She has some Stranger Things bits and a silver heart shaped initial necklace.

I’ve nearly finished my partners presents- just a couple of bits left to get

I don’t buy for many others. Just my sister, my nephew and my mum and they are all sorted.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just about finished!
I'm trying to get it all mostly done before DD and I go to DLP at the end of the month. We get home on Dec 2nd, it's DH birthday 3rd, putting decs up a bit later than usual on 4/5th then DS and family are coming down for a couple of nights and DH retires on 7th so I have a 'do' to prep for and we need to send them home with their Xmas presents, then we're away 11/12th! Phew!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Not buying so much this year, all the children are adults and don’t really need anything. Likewise, myself and DH.

I started a couple of weeks ago and I expect to have completely finished by the end of November. I’ve bought 50% online and 50% on a shopping trip to Birmingham and local shops. I do have to make a trip to Primark soon for the pjs, slippers and socks.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Our young adult kids (all still live at home, one at Uni but will be back) will all be getting money for their main pressies this year.

Stocking fillers and small gifts - we will be getting all these for the boys and their girlfriends in Florida this year! From silly things like their favourite American sweets from Target etc to clothes they like from the outlets

For hubby - just thinking about last minute (up in the gods due to the price! ) tickets to see Jimmy Buffet in Tampa for next month. Just so we can say we've heard 'Margaritaville' and 'It's 5 O'clock Somewhere' live!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

I’m not buying much this year. All kids grown up and we are going away shortly after Christmas to Center Parcs 💕
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Also not buying a lot. Decided again to buy local and support local where possible ... we have tickets to Magic goes wrong at the local theatre for a family present and a gin tasting experience at our local distillery.

For Dh I bought some lego, Dd20 a hoody, dd19 some jewellery and both want a decent "retro" alarm clock for uni.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pookie3101 View Post
I’m struggling with what to get for my 17 year old. So far she has 2 pairs of PJ’s as that’s all she has asked for. Her stocking fillers are ok although I’ve not actually bought them yet. She’s 18 in January too so more presents to think of.

I’ve finished my youngest dd’s. She has some Stranger Things bits and a silver heart shaped initial necklace.

I’ve nearly finished my partners presents- just a couple of bits left to get

I don’t buy for many others. Just my sister, my nephew and my mum and they are all sorted.
My daughter is 18, she hasn’t put anything on her Christmas list either 🙈 I have got her a ukulele as a surprise 😄
I have got her a silver ring and silver ankle bracelet from Honu. I had never heard of this company until Sandra on here mentioned it. The company is partnered with the sea turtle conservancy in Florida and the jewellery beautiful yet affordable 🥰
So definitely worth a look 👍🏻
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I can’t get going with my shopping this year. I miss Debenhams, I did used to get a lot of Christmas stuff there. I have bought quite a bit of Christmas food treats though, biscuits, chocolate, wine, gin… the essentials !

I am not into “stuff” really and when I tell my family I’d like the house cleaning top to bottom for my pressie I genuinely mean it ! I’m a bit bah humbug really and I can take or leave Christmas. I may decide on a week in the canaries for our joint present in Jan/ Feb.

Son wants an apple watch so waiting for Black Friday and hope to find a deal.
Daughter is giving me no ideas this year which is unusual as her list is usually a mile long and ready by summer !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List